Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Cute photos. Any luck finding any? I tell my friends up in UT to look for them and elk. In my store here the deer go for 18 bucks ea. and the elk $25

Reactions: dobienut

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Yea, they're expensive!! I find that they really are one of the only things that last though, so it's worth it. Nice pics though, it's always great to get out like that!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I was told a while back that other animals eat the antlers and will have them gone in less than a week. My dog loves them at $13.00 a pop its getting tempting to just give him the 5 point antler I have in my closet.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was told a while back that other animals eat the antlers and will have them gone in less than a week. My dog loves them at $13.00 a pop its getting tempting to just give him the 5 point antler I have in my closet.
I sell the real good ones to the taxidermist if they ar a matched set, use them for her trainning, display some, and the rest she gets for chews

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
I sell the real good ones to the taxidermist if they ar a matched set, use them for her trainning, display some, and the rest she gets for chews

Any antler hunting tips?

I've lucked into a couple whole skulls in the past, with antlers intact, but have never found just naturally-shed antlers.

Reactions: dobienut

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where they cross fences and feed at night is a good place to start looking. Shilow comes in real handy when we searching in what i call bedding areas. Around here it's grown up fields and thick brushy areas where the deer feel safe during the day. Also travel routes between the bedding areas and where they feed is always good and they wont be to far apart this time of the year since the breeding season is over. Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts