Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,856 Posts
very good point okie - if i was getting a puppy in 2 weeks all i would be thinking abou tis THAT dog - not what OTHER dogs i could be getting in a year from now! hell, ive been waiting for a puppy for 4 years now, and im STILL not definitely getting one (though i have found a wonderful breeder, plus tw more that i kinda like!).

Jenn, do you know how much it actually COSTS to show a dog? or even fully train one? i have spent THOUSANDS on classes for my ONE dog, and i have spent over a thousand bucks just getting ONE title on him (and he got that title in THREE straight trials). do you know how much entry fees are, travel/gas, how much you spend at the show, etc?

i have no idea why you are so intent on talking about what breeder your (or your hubby - if you live together, it will belong to BOTH of you and you will share in the care) - next dog will be coming from. you have one coming in 2 weeks - enjoy her and let her grow up and get trained, etc - before you even consider getting another one.

i will say this - no *RESPONSIBLE* breeder will give you a puppy in a year. if one of them does offer to give you one, IMHO, they are not a responsible breeder. i would not place a doberman puppy in a household with 2 other dogs that are still so young (a beagle that is barely over 2, and a doberman that is just about 1).

· Registered
4,856 Posts
dont forget, molari- she also has another young dog right now !

· Registered
4,856 Posts
Molari said:
I know but there is not anything that can be done about that now. From what I remember the other dog is a beagle who has a completely different set of needs and requirements than a doberman. If you mean that there are already distractions in the raising of Jazz then I agree but if you poiinted that out to show that it will cost more to care for two or three animals then I have to say that money is always the last consideration for me. I even bought my house, 1/2 acre fenced in the city limits of Dallas so GKar could have room to play. Some people have fancy cars and 5000 sqft houses but would not consider putting money in a pet who was sick even thou they have lots of it. Other people who have nothing are willing to put their last dime into their animals if it will give them a few more months. Priorities.

i dont think that money SHOULD be a last concern when it comes to getting new pets - you need to be able to ensure that you can afford them, and provide for their care. emergencies, feeding, supplies - dogs are not cheap. and then adding to what she plans to do with her dogs, that will cost even more.

yes, its priorities. and responsible people will ensure that they can afford a new animal before they get one. i dont think your financial status should be a last concern when you get new animals - it should be one of the first, because if you cant afford the pet, then you shouldnt get it - no matter how much love you could offer it, IMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.