Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I have gotten Odin to howl, I was making fun of him whining one day and he started to howl >_< so now if I want him to howl I will just start howling myself and he will join and start doing it himself. Oh goodness does it make me laugh that we have gotten him to howl on cue. Odin sure does have character, he sure is more that I could have ever asked for.

He sure makes me complete ^_^

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
I love when Dobes howl! It cracks me up!

Fiona woke me up Sunday morning howling out a window in the living room, quickly after which Tali bitched her out as I'm sure she was woke abruptly by it, too. LOL

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
everyone needs a good howl now and then! :)

i too howl with mine.

Magic has this sqeaky whine thing which makes Pearl start to howl, them Magic howls, then Stormy and then me.

Howls and Hugz to Odin!!!!

hahaha we have a howl going on right now!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL the other night he was howling in his sleep.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
I love Odin to.

I know the secret behind why dogs howl, at their loved ones.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And the answer is:
>>
>>
>>
Some dogs think of themself as all human, because no one treats them like a dog !!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Love howling and so cute your boy enjoys singing with you! Border terriers are chronic howlers....national specialties are FUN with them all in one room - the howls spread like wildfire every hour or so. Chase loves to join in when the BT's sing and sounds like a strangled goose-like creature that mated with a large dog. His voice is the worst. It hurts my ears. And the terriers do this high-pitched hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo howl. I've got a defective pack here....we'd scare the wolves/coyotes away.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
This last Christmas I took my three with me to visit my sister over Christmas. She lives in a small house and had quite a few for dinner so I rented a hotel about 2 minutes from her house. The plan was to spend the night at the hotel and go back and forth to the hotel during the day every hour and a half to let the guys out and rotate them back and forth to my sister's. First trip back the hotel manager said they started howling when I left the first time and could be heard all the way down at the front desk. Needless to say all three went with me back to my sister's for Christmas Day. Next year we are having Christmas at my house!

Reactions: o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I taught Odin at a young age not to whine or howl when I left the house, but the first time I shut him in a room at work while I was in working on a client for a massage and he started to howl and cry as if I was going to leave him for life. It was so funny, my client and I were laughing so hard. I felt bad for him but I had to let him cry it out and he was fine after a few minutes. And he hasn't done it again since the first time, maybe a couple whines here and there but he knows he wont get his way by whining and howling when I leave lol, funny puppy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts