Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member from TX - happy to be a part of this forum! While I do not have my Dober-baby yet - that is still some months away - I am doing my homework and this forum is a DREAM.

Thanks to all - will be asking some breeder specific questions soon! :)

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Welcome from Houston :) so what's your background with Dobermans? Are you looking for a show or performance prospect or just a pet? Do you want American or Euro?

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!

Not sure if a Rescue doberman would interest you, but if you get the chance please check out a few in your area.

Hugz to you and yours.

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thank you for your quick reply! We are looking for a pet/companion. This will be our first Dobe but both my husband and I grew up around friends who've had them as family dogs and have always loved the breed. We are looking for an American.

We are huge supporters of rescue and have looked at several locally. Our previous dog, a borzoi mix, was adopted from a shelter and we had her for 12 years. Our challenge is we have two young daughters, ages 8 and 5, and two old cats, ages 15 & 13. With a breed as powerful and intelligent as this we feel more secure getting a puppy through a proven breeder with a long history of health testing and breeding for sound temperment. It will be our first time dealing with professional breeders and I am trying to gain as much knowledge as possible.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,626 Posts
Welcome from a fellow San Antonian to DT! (N. Cent.) When our Spock was a puppy, our old Maine **** cat which didn't want to have any part of Dober hyper puppy play! :screama: Maybe younger cats would be better?

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
Welcome from Dallas! Two of my girl's breeders live in SA and are very active in the DPCSA- one of them is the President. Good luck on your search!

Reactions: Augusta_Dobe

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome from Dallas! Two of my girl's breeders live in SA and are very active in the DPCSA- one of them is the President. Good luck on your search!
Awesome - please share who your breeders were in SA and if you are happy with your experience!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the club. You couldn't have found a better place to find out any and everthing about these great dogs. Good luck in your search for that perfect match!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome from Austin!

Texas has some great breeders and there are a bunch of Texas dobes on this forum :]

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
Awesome - please share who your breeders were in SA and if you are happy with your experience!
Their names are Sara and Joe Lynch. They co-bred the litter that my Guilty is from with Alisa Brotherhood of Touchstone Dobermans (Houston Area).

I love all three of them. Honest, lovely, good people who really care about the breed. I would buy another puppy from them in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member from TX - happy to be a part of this forum! While I do not have my Dober-baby yet - that is still some months away - I am doing my homework and this forum is a DREAM.

Thanks to all - will be asking some breeder specific questions soon! :)
I would like to introduce my doberman name as Pitter and myself Sheila from the land of the ligths Denmark. Remember me as a good friend of yours. I just wanna love chating and reading some good informative post here. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts