Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Y'all. I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself (Phil) and my dog, GLOCK. If you didn't guess, by the name of my Doberman, I'm a Police Officer. I found GLOCK on patrol one night, soon after my blood hound (Scarlet) passed. I got out of my car and gave a whistle and a clap, and here he came running. I then took him back to the PD and put him in our old K9 kennel, for animal control to pick up in the morning. I was out playing with him at the end of my shift when my Sgt. came on duty. I then explained were I had found him. Sgt then told me all about the Doberman he had and how good of a dog it was. After shift was over I changed into my street clothes and stopped by Sgt office to tell him "I was headed to the kitchen." as I always do. He then replied "don't forget your dog". He then told me he had all ready talked to animal control and told them you were going to adopt him.
I took him home that day and then I signed the adoption papers after the claim period was over. GLOCK has turned out to be the best dog I've ever owned and I couldn't be happier.

Anyhow, that’s the story of how GLOCK and I came to be.... I’m very thankful I found this site and look forward learning and sharing information and stories about this wonderful breed of dog.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Phil welcome form Missouri and I have two police men in the KC area who have Dobermans. Hugh lives in KC and Kevin is in Independence.

If you want take a look at the Mid Central Working Dobermans Club - we meet on Sat for training mcwdc.zxq.net

We are having a training workshop Oct 8 and 9th and Dale Pitts is coming to do the workshop with us. Hope we get to meet you.

·
Super Moderator
23,670 Posts
Welcome! We'd love to see some pictures of your boy!

·
joie de vivre
11,455 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Missourian!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome from Virginia - Great story, and as you have already found out, Dobermans are the best!!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Hi Phil and Glock,

Welcome from just east of Lee's Summit. I have a four year old, Joe Black, two-year old, Charley Girl and eleven week old, Taylor.

Where in Missouri are you?

KC/Linda

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.