Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got two dobie girls from Oklahoma, two sisters, Xena and Gaby. When I was tennager, I loved the TV series "Xena, the warrior princess", so I called my new baby after her...well...she is a princess. NOT a warrior :p Gaby is her side kick :D

Xena as a pillow of our 4 y old daughter :)

Gaby prefers pillows of our child :p

·
sweep the leg
1,016 Posts
Howdy from San Antonio! Your fur kids and the one with the bright blue eyes are lovely!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,606 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio! Your Dobies look so laid back! Must be the Heat!
We don't see too many litter mates in same households on the DT forum, as it's normally advised against.
I'm curious, do you have any pictures of Xena and Gabby side by side?
Are they identical in size and look, and if so, how do you tell them apart?
Have you had any sibling rivalry problems?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually , they are very different. Xena is an Euro type, after her mother, Matilda Betelges. She has more square head, bigger build, bigger chest, more massive. Gaby is thinner with longer and narrower head, "American" type, after their daddy, Colber Kwiksilver.
We first planned to have just one, but then the breeder informed us that Matilda got 4 girls (we wanted girl), and I started to think about having two. I know how they can be attached to the owner and in case I would get job and spend most of the time outside, I wanted Xena to have a playmate. Well, we decided to try with two sisters.
Xena immediately went to my lap, and Gaby just jumped on my husband and started to bite of his chin :D.
I knew it will be some problems with two dogs same age and yes, we did have :rolleyesww: Obedience trainings have to be done separete, far from home so she wouldnt be distracted by the whining of sister staying home. They still didnt reallly establish dominancy between them, sometimes they get in short fights but is usually just saliva all over faces, rarely some puncture wounds. I tried at the beginning to do something about it, but ended up with bite marks, plus it sounds worse than it is.

I have to make photo side by side-the only ones I have are when they sleep together :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts