Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, tonight we are taking a trek up North and will be taking Bruno (and our boys) Camping for the first TIME!!

We've been to a cabin with the boys, but we've never actually CAMPED with them. By camp I mean out in the woods, pitch the tent and camp lol. No camp grounds or anything.

I think Bruno will do good. Might be a lil nervous of the tent at first. But once he sees we're in there. He'll be in there and be LOVIN' the sleep. Since he gets to cuddle with all of us hehe ;)

I will be sure to share pictures when we return Sunday :D

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Good luck LMB,don't let Bruno eat too many bears.
:eek2: :eatchicke :largegr:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL

They actually have alot of bears down there :/ Moose too. However I don't believe they are right where we are going. We seen one last year. A momma bear and her 3 babies. But they were outside our cabin, about 30 feet away!.
(was gonna post a picture, but photobucket is down :( )

I joked with my mom and asked her if she knew where I can buy some Bear Repellent haha ;)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
good luck! I say watch out for anything dangerous...animals...or the landscape...and watch out for ticks :) I really really want to go camping with Duch..probably in a small nice cabin to make it easier since it would be the first time for duch. I just dont know how open the campsites are with allowing dogs...some say they dont allow dogs at all...some say they dont allow dogs of a dangerous breed....and I think "Dobermans arent dangerous..." lol but then they go listing them in the list
Have fun!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
while we are on the topic...does anyone know any good campsites that allow dogs...have either real cheap cabins or a nice wooded campsite around IL...Wisconsin...michigan?...my mom said ticks are worse the farther south you go...so we would prefer North...
My grandpa and Grandma and their small dog and...my mom go fishing in Canada...and stay in a cabin...Id love to go along with Duchess, Matt, and Coco...but I think it would be too crowded.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't help with the camp grounds. Because I can't remember the last time we actually camped in one lol. But I think the best thing to do is find a nice spot in the woods that you are allowed to just camp on and go for it :) Best way to do it. That way no one can tell you who and what dog you are allwoed :D hehe.

I don't think ticks are that bad here? I've never in my life seen one, except on my sister. Which she got on her when she was is Saskatchuwan (sp).

I do wish however there was bug spray I could get for Bruno :(

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
LapDog said:
while we are on the topic...does anyone know any good campsites that allow dogs...have either real cheap cabins or a nice wooded campsite around IL...Wisconsin...michigan?...my mom said ticks are worse the farther south you go...so we would prefer North...
My grandpa and Grandma and their small dog and...my mom go fishing in Canada...and stay in a cabin...Id love to go along with Duchess, Matt, and Coco...but I think it would be too crowded.
LOL LD, tell your mom she is wrong! Or at least in my case, she was wrong. I've got a tick story that would have your skin crawling for days and it happened in Minot North Dakota, that's about as far north as you can go in the US before you hit canada!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
My cat had a tick on her years ago. That was in Caledon area Luv my Bruno. Long grass and woody areas are usually where they are, even in Ontario. Where are you camping ?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently I don't know my ticks ;) My mom and husband both told me that yes we do get them here. Just our animals haven't gotten them. I never thought they were around this area.

We went up to huntsville. Camped on the big east river. I have some pictures to share when I get the chance :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Oooo exciting! not only do we need pictures like you said...we also need to know more about how Bruno did and what you did, and how the trip went all together! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts