Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
when you post a reply, you can click on the paperclip below or the insert image icon to upload from your computer or phone.

So if the parents are red, and you say they are capable of producing a dilute, they must BOTH be Dd genotype for the dilution gene. A litter would be 25% fawn. If you have just the 3 pups and they are all the same shade, I would bet they are red. Possible they are all fawn, but genetics and probability point toward the more obvious.

Either way, we all love puppy pictures!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I have 14 puppies actually. There are just a couple that look fawn the rest are red and rust. I see a camera and stuff but no paper clip🤨 I’m sure it’s got to be here somewhere. Is it somewhere besides settings and the photo image and emojis?

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
Hi there does anyone have experience with dark dawn puppies? I am trying to decide if 3 I have are dawn or red as they are super light for red but kinda dark for fawn
New born fawn puppies actually look about the color of a brown paper bag--and if you have red puppies to compare them to the difference in color is pretty recognisable. Also fawn noses are not red--they are brownish--one of my vets used to call them taupe.

But I'll look at the rest of the pictures now and see if I still think they are fawn.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
Color register isn't real good--it looks like that first picture against the denim is a fawn.

Fawns--like reds come in a whole range of possible shades. Red can be everything from a bright copper to dark mahogany. Fawns can run a range from medium tan to a pretty dark "taupe"--as they grow they are a little easier to identify for sure the fawns. Their coat really show no hint of red and their noses are a totally different color than a red puppy's nose.

A litter of 14--boy that'll keep you busy.

dobebug

1 - 20 of 22 Posts