Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From back in the day of film camera's (lol, Y'all remember those, right???) Digital has made taking pics much easier now, but a lot of this is still true today!

How to Photograph Your Puppy

1 Remove film from box and load camera.
2 Remove film box from puppy's month and throw in trash.
3 Remove puppy from trash and brush coffee grounds from muzzle.
4 Choose a suitable background for photo.
5 Mount camera on tripod, check flash and focus.
6 Find puppy and take dirty sock from mouth.
7 Place puppy in pre-focused spot and return to camera.
8 Forget about spot and crawl after puppy on knees.
9 Focus with one hand while fending off puppy with other hand.
10 Get tissue and clean nose print from lens.
11 Put cat outside and put peroxide on the scratch on puppy's nose.
12 Put magazines back on coffee table.
13 Try to get puppy's attention by squeaking toy over your head.
14 Replace your glasses and check camera for damage.
15 Jump up in time to grab puppy by scruff of neck and say- "No, no outside!"
16 Call spouse to help clean up the mess.
17 Fix a drink.
18 Sit back in chair, put your feet up, sip your drink and resolve to teach puppy "sit" and "stay" the first thing in the morning.

·
Got mutt?
13,843 Posts
I still shoot 35mm. :D I've been trying to get pictures of Leontine with my digital point & shoot. I think I'm going to try my SLR as soon as it quits raining (in a few day)s. It's easier for me.

Reactions: adhahn

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you still using 35mm for? I'm sure you have a reason and I'm curious as to what you are doing that you find 35mm still has an advantage over digital.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Funny list and so very puppy photo true...they don't sit still much, and give you time to focus the lense.

I bought my first 35mm Canon camera in 1975...first roll of film was B&W, as color developing was expensive (in Canada) without big box stores.
- thought I hit the jack pot, when I found prices at Clarke Labs in Chicago...mail order developing, at a fraction of the $$

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember sending film to Clarke Labs too. I also recall sending many rolls of film to an outfit in Seattle but no longer recall the name.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Got mutt?
13,843 Posts
What are you still using 35mm for? I'm sure you have a reason and I'm curious as to what you are doing that you find 35mm still has an advantage over digital.
A) It's what I'm used to
B) Negative film is very forgiving of exposure errors
C) No shutter lag time, like my digital P&S
D) I can't afford a DSLR

Also, a nearly five pound body/lens combination can be used as a weapon, if needed. I talked with someone who ran a camera shop, and she told me that one if her customers fended off a mugger with a Minolta SRT 101, which is one of the cameras I use (my favorite, actually). Mugger wound up in the hospital, and the camera, while dented, was still fully functinal.

I also have a TLR Yashica A (medium format 120 film)that I pull out sometimes. Now, there's an experience. I would love to have a Hasselblad, but I can't afford that, either.

I know a photograher that still shoots B/W 120 film exclusively, and does all his own developing and printing.

Reactions: Beaumont67
1 - 6 of 6 Posts