Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did it!! I found a way to be ALONE, all by MYSELF, in the bathroom, even with a doberman in the house!

Tonight, after dark, I headed into the bathroom, closing the door VERY tightly to keep it from being pushed open (though, of course, none of our doors really latch). I knew my way around enough that I didn't even bother to turn the lights on but just sat there in the glow of the little nightlight, thinking deeply about SNOW (maybe we'll get some this weekend!)

Then suddenly...WHAM....it's Capri, hitting the door with her head and charging into the room like a rhinoceros. And I let out a yelp...a scream...a screech...an indescribable noise...as loud as I could. But not really on purpose--I was just so startled and surprised that the noise spontaneously erupted out of me...and it was LOUD!!

Capri turned tail and disappeared back into the dark whence she came.

Now I had a real decision. I felt so badly that I had freaked her out. But should I encourage her to come back into the room so I could apologize to her and comfort her, knowing that my accidently taught "stay out of the bathroom" lesson would be undone......or should I let her worry out there in the dark, so I could have some time alone in the potty for once................

·
Registered
907 Posts
Hahahaha!! Ohhh the dilemma... not an easy one to answer for sure. I tend to think you don't need to encourage her to go back into the bathroom. I'm inclined to think she may be brave enough to venture another go into the dark abyss on her own anyway.

This reminds me of an encounter with the cat and my Halloween bunny mask... geesh did I feel guilty for that one!

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
If my doors are closed my dobe will lay right in front of the door so when you step out WATCH OUT!!or you will fall right over her!! When I'm in the bathroom she comes in and lays down on the floor.......she might miss something!!

·
Nub Enthusiast
392 Posts
ut should I encourage her to come back into the room to apologize and comfort her, knowing that my accidently taught "stay out of the bathroom" lesson would be undone......or do I let her worry out there in the dark, so I can have some time alone in the potty for once................
Are you posting this from the bathroom? :emo:

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Our bathroom is on the second floor of our house...while our girl often occupies the leather couch on the main floor, during the day.
- she knows I can't sneak out of the house, without coming down the stairs first...lol
- she is content to simply wait for me, and sees no need to climb the steps to visit the bathroom

My thought to your question is:

YES...I would apologize and comfort her...even if it undid the "get lost" result.
Capri's dog confidence & feelings, should outweigh the need for privacy...just give her an extra big kiss, in the bathroom.

·
sandy2233
2,489 Posts
Do not own a doberman. This is in their DNA. They cannot help this behavior. Neither can Yorkies. Yorkie is always on my towel and doberman is always on the mat beside the sink. It's nice to feel I'm loved. LOL!

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
HA! Living with her brother I can say don't worry about an apology she will be right back in the bathroom w/you again next time. ;) Great story. I have to say all my animals even the cats now and then like to be in the bathroom with me. In this new house in the master bathroom the toilet has it's own enclosure so I'm free at last. The other day I was in there and I could hear the whole crew outside of the door. Ann was grumbling, Ginger lay down with a big huff, Eli was nosing the handle (gently), Pip was running around in circles (I could hear his tiny paws on the tile) but the kicker was Harv, Harv the cat was lying on the floor and pushing his paws under the door trying (in vain) to grab my feet. I did have to laugh, after all I had just come home from work and they were hungry but seriously guys! I had to touch Harvs paws so he wigged out trying even harder to reach you know cats, it was hilarious. I love having animals in my life. heh heh.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
5,115 Posts
Dexter gets in the shower or tub with me, so I will be no help. I find it endearing, actually. :)
Whooooaa.... This thread is starting to get a little creepy.... :guilty:

Reactions: Sherryh and melbrod

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
LOL... wonderful story. I am intrigued to hear about SNOW dreams... are you serious???

I can keep my dogs away from bathroom. They are waiting behind the door and very happy to see me back... but there is a slim chance I would keep them away from my bedroom. They wil break the door!

·
Super Moderator
27,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It snowed this morning--our first for the season--so I guess I was just musing about changing seasons and time passing................................

a la Tolkien:

"I sit beside the fire and think
of how the world will be
when winter comes without a spring
that I shall never see.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood in every spring
there is a different green.

I sit beside the fire and think
of people long ago,
and people who will see a world
that I shall never know."

Melancholy, I suppose....

·
Banned
3,981 Posts
Something is definitely wrong with the weather this year. We enjoy the warm colorful autumn in Alberta. My flowers are still up....and you are talking about the snow... hmmm.

I like your poem. The first snow always brings melancholy...

·
Super Moderator
27,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
JRR Tolkien wrote the poem--I left out a couple of stanzas. I think it is one of his better ones.

And we have a lot of mixup in our weather typically. First snow usually September, last snow usually May--but an awful lot of Spring and Fall weather sandwiched inbetween the two.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
..thoughts of Rocky Mountain High...

I have three follow me to the washroom. It's the only time Carson seems to really want to lick my face and tell me how much he loves me. :)

I knew you'd call her back...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts