Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We took in a dog last week into our rescue and when I got the paperwork, included was an AKC litter certificate.

Part of our surrender form asks, did you get from a breeder? If yes, did yo have a signed agreement/contract with the breeder that requires you to return the dog if you can't keep it?

This surrender form is checked "NO" to agreement, but if I get the information for the breeder, I try to contact them and make sure they don't want the dog back, before we re-home. Because all I have is the litter certificate, and the dog was never registered with AKC, I don't have contact info for the breeder. Is there a way AKC can give that to me? I've already tried Dobequest and google searching the names of the breeder. Can a fellow rescuer give me some guidance?

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
The breeder's name and address should be listed on the litter registration cert. I don't know if the AKC can give you any more info than what's already listed. You could try contacting AKC.

Did you search DT to see if the breeder was ever mentioned?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got to be a total BYB. No record online anywhere or on DT and they didn't write the breeder info on the back of the litter cert. Most likely wouldn't take the dog back anyway. He's neutered. I just like to show that we made all effort we could to do right by a breeder.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
More than likely a BYB :(

Is the sire/dam's AKC reg number on the litter cert?

It's got to be a total BYB. No record online anywhere or on DT and they didn't write the breeder info on the back of the litter cert. Most likely wouldn't take the dog back anyway. He's neutered. I just like to show that we made all effort we could to do right by a breeder.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More than likely a BYB :(

Is the sire/dam's AKC reg number on the litter cert?
It is. I was fiddling around with AKC and couldn't find a way to search for a dog's owner via AKC number. If anyone has a link that would be great. I'm not looking forward to contacting them, so hopefully they're not listed anywhere. Pedigree is full of WZ. Again, luckily this dog is neutered, never bred and is not albino himself.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
I think you have to pay $10 to get the pedigree online. Did you look on the DPCA's WZ list for the sire/dam? They should be listed there if they have an AKC number.

It is. I was fiddling around with AKC and couldn't find a way to search for a dog's owner via AKC number. If anyone has a link that would be great. I'm not looking forward to contacting them, so hopefully they're not listed anywhere. Pedigree is full of WZ. Again, luckily this dog is neutered, never bred and is not albino himself.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you have to pay $10 to get the pedigree online. Did you look on the DPCA's WZ list for the sire/dam? They should be listed there if they have an AKC number.
It's an ugly pedigree listed on the litter cert. Looks like they were breeding for white's specifically. Both sire and dam on Z list, both grandmothers on Z list, etc.

Oh well. I googled, owner who surrendered doesn't have the breeder info any longer, just this cert/pedigree. They're not in DPCA, mentioned on forums. I can officially say I tried.

Hopefully we can find this guy a new home.

Thanks for the input!

Reactions: MeadowCat

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just found obit info for one of the 2 breeders on the cert. Died the same year this dog was born.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The AKC won't release contact info for breeders (or owners of record). This is a privacy issue.
That's what I thought. Again. At least I TRIED to locate the breeder. So I now feel comfortable adopting the dog out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts