Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was your male when he started hiking his leg? **** is 7 mos and a week and still a squatter. It has been many years ago, so it is hard to remember, but I was thinking my last male was somewhere around 6 mos or so. Not that it matters at all, just curious.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I think Wheeler was 10-11 months when he started to hike his leg. Enjoy the slow(er) development while you can. :)

Reactions: MicksDad

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree about enjoying it while you can... Tino started lifting at around 6 1/2 mos. Thanks to learning the behavior at the dog park. He lifts on everything now. He did it once in the house and I caught him in the act... he hasnt done it again!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Roman is 14 months old and he is JUST getting the hang of it :) but its never against anything, he just pees out in the middle of the lawn standing on 3 legs.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Rush was about 8 to 9 months old. The first time he lifted his leg I was so sad. Then I knew my lil boy was growing up too.

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
NEVER. I neuter as soon as I see anything that resembles a leg lift as I do not like behaviors like this (marking, licking urine, humping, etc). Luckily Ammo never lifted and he was neutered somewhere around 16 months

·
Got mutt?
13,842 Posts
My Rattie was neutered at 6 months, and just started lifting his leg to pee about four years ago. He doen't do it all the time, but it has gotten more frequent over the last couple of years. He'll be 12 next month.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Tank had a 'phantom' lift when he was 3 months old, then did not do it again until he was 6-7 months old. We did not want him peeing all over our fence in the back so we would let him know we did not want him doing it in our yard. He was neutered at 12 months and now does it rarely when we are out and about. Mostly squatting still.

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
Mine started around 6.5 months. He's 8 months now and will squat or lift his leg. Depends on what he wants to mark I guess lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dread this day. Mine is 7 months in a few days and I hope my boy never gets the hang of this because it means urinating on higher objects not just the grass, but I know it will happen eventually.

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
14 months. Sometimes I wish he still squatted.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts