Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We were running in Excellent B Standard this morning and 3 obstacles from the finish I sent Bacchus into the chute. He blasted out the end and did a little run out to the right and turned to face me. There was a triple jump that he needed to take next and because of the run out he was out of position. I called him back from about 20 feet away and yelled "over" thinking he would move back to the front of the jump but instead of moving back into position he ran towards the side of the triple and began his leap from about 4' away, sailed almost completely over it. He cleared the jump with plenty of height but was short on the distance over the other side. He hit that side with one of his hind legs and demolished the jump. I stopped the run (ya think?) and motioned to the judge we were done and took him off the course. He wasn't injured and didn't seem the least bit bothered by it. My son was taping the run and when we watched the video we estimated his jump was 8'. The 4' before the jump and whatever the width of the jump. A couple of hours later we ran JWW and he Qd.

Athletic and no fear......

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Many of us have been there, done that. Driven dog, late commands; the bane of my existence.:)
The odd part is that he isn't that "driven" dog anymore. He happily lopes around the course with me trudging along behind (old, fat, asthma) yelling "wait for mommy". He still wants and does lead the charge but at some point he left behind Banzai Bacchy and morphed into my agility best buddy and compadre.

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

This is the Q run. Nice and easy. Slow and a speed I can go. No more Banzai Bacchy. It was so hot in there. It was at least 90 and humid with no fans. Please notice the excellent "sit/stay" at the start. pfffft ;) At the end he ran over to me and did his little victory belly bump.

ooops....didn't cut and paste very well.

·
Back Off
1,721 Posts
It was going so well too!!! Haha I loved his expression at the end... He was like "look mama I did it!! I found a better way to take the jumps!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts