Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What can i do for my dog get more confiance.

I dont know if that normal but i think it normal that when we go to visit someone and there a dog Roxy put her ear back and she is not moving during this time the other dog smell her. After like 10 secs she enter the house and all good.

But i was walking my dogs today. And a pitbull attacked my labrador and Roxy got stress and she was turning around me i dont want my dog to attack but i would like her to show that she will not let her bully if you know what i mean not by attacking but just like the way she act.

But when she is at home and someone come close to the house she will bark and protect it and when a new person enter my house she will watch it and she will do a small bark to let her know she is there but nothing dangerous.

She play with dogs all the time and it not all the time the same dog. She is social with everyone. There no problem there.

She is a little more then 1 years the confiance will come with the time or i can do somethink to help her ?

·
Super Moderator
22,000 Posts
Have you contacted a professional trainer yet? I think that's your best bet to get help for your dog.

Reactions: DogsR4Life

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Agree with Meadowcat. Seek a trainer that can observe the dog and give you guidance. Training, agility and such can give self confidence. But IMO it is in the dogs DNA so to speak as to whether they are going to be a more bold or timid dog. They either are going to be or not be.

My girl will run from a chiwawa...she isnt about standing up to any dog. This is the way she is. But when she decides to which isnt often it isnt pretty. Hubby cant stand it...but IMO it beats her trying to attack every dog we come across. I rarely let her loose with dogs she is not familiar with, I pull her behind me if another dog is approaching...I will take care of it not her.

IMO it really just depends upon the dog. Dexter who is less than 20lbs will charge any dog who is charging him regardless of size. If you try to force your dog to stand up to others or situations she is not comfortable in more than likely she will attack out of fear. It is a fine line and you could do some real damage to your dog that could last a life time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts