Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
The club I used to attend was less than $300 per year.

Reactions: Ashley1088

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
It depends on where you are at. There are non-profit clubs which are very affordable. However in much of the USA now, any idiot who has ever worn a sleeve thinks they can charge per bite so it can be expensive. This is also an extremely slippery slope, as if they are being paid they often think they have to make your dog look good. This is not necessarily beneficial for the dog's development. I train at a non-profit club. The training director is a world class handler and training helper. The total I pay is $350 a year for training 3 days per week and multiple bites every session and nobody makes a dime. Even the training director pays the same amount as every regular member. Many people pay this amount for a month and in almost every case the training is not even close to the quality I get at my club.

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
i seem to remember my friend pays something like $600 for every 9 sessions? i can't recall. it's an astronomical amount, though.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Like rosamburg said it can vary.
When I visited a club back in wis. And the one I semi use here the Wisconsin one had a yearly club fee of about $150 the Minnesota one nothing and then each was a "tip your helper" mentality aka there was no required training fee but everyone usually gave the helper some money as a thank you for coming out to work the dogs.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Here in CA it is costly. 20-30 per bitework session (if you belong to the club and NO obedience or tracking help). 80-100 private lesson per hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts