Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so Mark and I are in a heated debate right now (we live for moments like this actually :)
I found a collar that I want to buy for Chi when she grows up. It's really pretty and has charms on it and I can get a matching one for Petri in blue... Problem is the collar and charms comes up to right at $75.00. Mark thinks I'm nuts for wanting to spend the money on something as trivial as a collar. I don't doubt that I'm nuts but I still want it :) I figure if the bills are paid and money is going into savings and there's a little left over, why not enjoy it, right?
I fully realize that I can get a collar that will serve its purpose for a fraction of the cost but that's not the point LOL.

What is the most expensive thing that you've bought your dog that wasn't a neccessity?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Ohhhh boy, can't let Tom know we're talking about THIS!! Yeah THIS has never been a topic of debate here!

Seriously, he doesn't really care beyond teasing me about what I spend on Lexus. Only because I make half the money for the house, (okay maybe not half, but it sounds good!), I'm not a spender I think is the main point. I'm not a clothes shopper or etc... The only play money I spend is stuff I do with Lexus. OB school, toys, food, her coat, beds, more toys, new collar, opps need a matching leash for the collar, more toys, cute bandana from Ebay (COME ON!! It's personalized with her name and "Therepy Dog" and it matches her TD Tag) , okay you get the picture!

I can't think of any ONE thing.....

·
Registered
460 Posts
Problem is the collar and charms comes up to right at $75.00.
:eek2: I think you're nuts too! lol

I've never dropped that kind of money on any one thing for Ava that wasn't a necessity. However, between toys, bones, biscuits and whatever else catches my eye, I do spend a lot on her. Anytime I go into a store that has dog stuff I find myself comming out with at least two things for her. It's some kind of mental illness I think.

Although Brian and I went to Petsmart yesterday to buy some supplies for his grandmother's new birds(we got her a couple of finches for her birthday) and we did not buy anything for Ava. It was quite a shocker for us both.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Lexus said:
we did not buy anything for Ava

Awwwh, poor neglected Ava...... ;-)
I know, she was furious when she saw the Petsmart bags and there was nothing in them for her. I'm such a bad mom.:sadcry:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Tracy I do not think you are nuts! My husband and I are trying to decide between 2 collars. They are each between 75-100. We aren't really sure which one we want to get her. Of course the collar will have to wait for a month or so. (Starting Christmas shopping early this year.)

I would buy it if I were you. If you have the extra money go get it! Chi and Petri deserve it. Maybe give it to the two of them on Christmas or something?

I would like to see pictures of it though!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
When Keeva's finished growing I'm going to buy her a collar that sounds very similar to the one you're talking about, it's $65.00 here though. I don't think you're nuts at all! So far, the most expensive thing I bought for my dogs was probably Tango's bed ($60.00) and then they're crates.

·
Registered
281 Posts
once harvey has finished growing we are gonna splash out on a collar for him its about £75 and is covered in diamantes and charms and really well made..he has got everything else he needs i would like to buy him something special ..

·
Registered
742 Posts
I say you can never spend "Too Much" on your dog. I have probably spent upwards of $200 on different collars, harnesses, leashes, and im planning on spending $85 on a studded collar for him soon. Ask lilarrow, i have about 10 different collars for King. Im also ordering up a set of $80 boots for king because he doesnt have very good traction and his feet seem to get torn up when he plays on pavement. I dont really have a limit on how much i spend on king. I say, if i can afford it, why not?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Twinkletoes said:
once harvey has finished growing we are gonna splash out on a collar for him its about £75 and is covered in diamantes and charms and really well made..he has got everything else he needs i would like to buy him something special ..

Oh Boy Twinkletoes!! I LOVE your new avatar!!! :3dbiggrin

·
Registered
460 Posts
Oh boy, I must be the cheap one around here. lol Even Brian said he'd shell out 75 dollars for a collar. My feeling is, until Ava gets a job, she's going to have to settle for the 20 dollar hemp collar around her neck.:tongue22:

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
TomAndKing said:
I say you can never spend "Too Much" on your dog. I have probably spent upwards of $200 on different collars, harnesses, leashes, and im planning on spending $85 on a studded collar for him soon. Ask lilarrow, i have about 10 different collars for King. Im also ordering up a set of $80 boots for king because he doesnt have very good traction and his feet seem to get torn up when he plays on pavement. I dont really have a limit on how much i spend on king. I say, if i can afford it, why not?
I have about 10 as well. They are so fun to shop for, so it is hard for me to stop.

I understand the limit thing. We got me a new car so Gracie would have more space in the back seat. At the dealership we stood there talking about Gracie, if she would like it, will she fit, so on and so forth. Turns out Gracie likes it. (she likes any vehical)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
My feeling is, until Ava gets a job, she's going to have to settle for the 20 dollar hemp collar around her neck.:tongue22:

HEHEHEH! Too funny!! That's more expensive than the one Lexy has around her neck!

Well Gracie's Mom I think you take the cake though! Choosing your new car in relation to weather or not your dog will like it!!

I know what you mean though, We had just gotten my voyager like a week or so after we got Lexus, so all her experiences are in my van. Last weekend, we took Tom's Accord with Lexus and she HATED it! She was reluctant to get in the back seat and sat back there with her ears dropped the entire time. That was the one and only time she will ride in the car now!

·
Registered
281 Posts
glad you like my avatar lexus..i was not sure if it would be ok as it had the ass word in it lol but after seeing some high level swearing from a white and blue i thought it would be o.k lol :D

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Twinkletoes said:
glad you like my avatar lexus..i was not sure if it would be ok as it had the ass word in it lol but after seeing some high level swearing from a white and blue i thought it would be o.k lol :D

Sorry must have not had quite enough coffee yet, I meant to say I love your new sig!!!!!!!!! I'm a doo-doo sorry!

·
Registered
281 Posts
oops you're not blonde are you lol :D i was wondering if you got mixed up..thanks anyway. got it from the lovely people at talkcity :)

this is the other they done for me..

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I'm usually not blonde! Guess this morning I was.....!

The other one is cute too, I like the pumpkin one the best though!

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Tough call, $85.00 is alot for a collar, but it all depends on how much ya got. If ya have enough money to spend like that great, but if you are kind of tight on cash I would say $85.00 is alot for a collar IMHO.

That being said I would buy it. :D

TD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts