Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering how much your dog weighs and their age.

Gracie is almost 2 years old and weighs in at 57.4 pounds. I know that is very small for a dobie. With her past, being starved while a puppy she will never be the right size or weight. Since we got her she has put on I believe 6 or 7 pounds.

·
Registered
421 Posts
We just went to the vet and now I don't remember! I think he is somewhere between 80 and 90. He really didn't fill out till he was four. He is five and a half now so yours still may get a little bigger. I actually think it may be diet time for my boy though :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Simon is 86 pounds :) He hardly eats, usually less than what the bag says he should get so we are trying new food. I'm sure if he starts to eat normally he will gain a bit of weight. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:

Gracie is almost 2 years old and weighs in at 57.4 pounds. I know that is very small for a dobie. With her past, being starved while a puppy she will never be the right size or weight. Since we got her she has put on I believe 6 or 7 pounds.

That is absolutely NOT small for a dobe! The breed standard calls for 45 to 65 pounds for females! She's just right!! :punk: (as long as her weight is where it should be now after prior problems) Dobes aren't supposed to be super large dogs, they are bred to be a med-large dog, it increases their longevity too. So many are so big anymore because a lot of people like BIG impressive looking dogs. Lexus is a bit oversize, her height is right on the breed standard, her weight is about 67 pounds. Her Momma is oversize, at 85 punds, but her poppa was perfect breed standard, she she ended up as a perfect height dog with heavier bone, which I really like about her, but not super tall. She is 17 months.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
well, let's see. Raven is almost 5 and she weighs 74 to 78lbs. Gypsy is 3 1/2 and is on a diet.. She is 80lbs. Spirit is 4 and he is 104lbs and Iris is 16 months and is almost 60lbs Yeah! Iris was only 45lbs when we got her 6th of July. Very under weight. Also It depends on how tall your dog is as to how much they should weigh. Spirit is 27 1/2" to the shoulders. so also look at the height of your dog.
Dobermans Rule!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Right I forgot to mention that, of course if your dobe is taller, then it's weight of course has to go up.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ava is about 60 pounds though it seems she is still growing so maybe it'll change a little bit. I was surprised the other day that I had to adjust her collar and make it a little bigger. At what age approx. do Dobermans keep growing till?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Both my male Zorba and his female friend Kya are 28-30 kg I dont know what that is in pounds-sorry. But they are very lean running machines! caus run is what they do alot of, and dont do enough eating!!
- for the other under eaters - I found a little vege oil poured on the biscuits seems to make them very desirable!

·
Banned
375 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:

hehehe not sure if it is normal but my girl was 17.5 a couple days ago at 12 weeks... and my boy is 24 at 13 weeks... hmmm think that is normal but they gain like four pounds a week... and i dont think they ever eat... hmmm well i never see them..give some advice is that correct they dont look skinny or underweight but it seems good

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Dobe_Paws said:
Ava is about 60 pounds though it seems she is still growing so maybe it'll change a little bit. I was surprised the other day that I had to adjust her collar and make it a little bigger. At what age approx. do Dobermans keep growing till?

Approximetely they keep growing UP until about 1 year (give/take a month or so) and then they fill aout for about the next (give/take) approximate year.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Winston is 6 1/2 or so and now weighs 85 pounds. Keeva is 6 months old or so and weighs about 25-30 pounds. I'm not exactly sure though since she is still at her foster mom's home until she gains some weight....

·
Banned
216 Posts
Storm--female--black/rust--4 year old--85 lbs (maybe 90)

Stormy--female--white--80lbs--2 ½ years old

Zena--female--blue/rust--70lbs--5 years old

Terminator--male--black/rust--90ish lbs--5 years old When he came here he was closer to 100lbs but I slimmed him down some.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Dobes reach their full height about a year old then fill out with muscle for up to another 3 years but generally 1 or 2 years later

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi my male is 13 months and is 92lbs and my female is 5months and weighs 48 lbs. I am waiting to see who is going to be the bigger boss LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
My Gretchen is 28 1/2" and weights 89lbs., she is 9yrs. old. Harley girl is 8yrs., 25 1/2" and weighs 59lbs. Baron is 2yrs. old, 27" and weighs 75lbs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
we think Max is 4, not sure on his age, but wish I knew. When we adopted him he was 86 pounds. At one he was up to 97. Not sure now what he's weighing. The vet said 86, when we got him was good, but though 80 might be better. He is having surgery September 7th on his left leg & they'd like him at 80.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts