Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to an AKC trial this weekend. I only went to support my Vizsla club. I'd heard not so great things about one judge and lots of complaints over the weekend. Courses weren't horrible but lots of quick calls. I was THRILLED to run Havoc in our last run Sunday and finally get our OA title...except, WE DIDN'T. 4-5 people congratulated us after the run. At the very end, he ran by the tire (did NOT hesitate, just blew by it - pretended not to see it :) ). I took him back and brought him through. Open allows 1 refusal. The score peeps said to talk to the judge. She was nice enough. Remembered us and said oh yes he missed the tire. She clarified that she gave him TWO Rs - one refusal for not taking it and one for passing the plane of the tire. I asked again...same answer. I can't figure it out. I do know better than to let up at the end of a run though :)

havstd-3.mp4 video by vizsladobe - Photobucket

Flirt did great. She should have double Qd yesterday but I BLEW a stupid part of EXC STD too :( This morning she got 4 points in T2B, Qd in Exc A and knocked the first bar in Open JWW (my fault, she was distracted and I released her)

I love this view of the T2B run with the weaves. Can't believe I tossed her leash in front of her again and then almost ran her over at jump 10 :)
flirtT2B.mp4 video by vizsladobe - Photobucket

The std run I blew...aghhh we just worked on calling by obstacles in class :)
flirtstdsat.mp4 video by vizsladobe - Photobucket

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
Congrats on the T2B run Flirt :)

As for the 2 Rs ummmmm you know I haven't been in the Agility game long but that is some crap...

·
Got mutt?
13,824 Posts
Looked like one refusal to me. But then again, I haven't read the agility regulations, and I'm not a judge. Was it possible he crossed the timer line when he ran by it? Still seems odd to me.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I would have to go look at the rule book again but I think it might be due to the fact that it was the final obstacle. I think they might consider that like a run out - which is scored like a separate refusal?

I think I remember something about not being able to fix the final jump but I am not 100% certain which organization scored it that way.

I think he looks really good.

Sue

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Not sure either, but I was a Dream Park this weekend and when a dog flew by a jump the judge's hand went up twice so I have no clue. Hard to tell when sitting in the bleachers exactly what is going on. Nice work though. Too bad we don't have an agility judge on DT.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Not sure. I wish they all had the same rules. Love the videos. Thanks for posting them. They both look like they are having lots of fun.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I'm still baffled :) but like someone posted in the hand signals thread, don't every make the judge have to think and you'll be safe. If I'd have not let down, he'd have taken it :) From what I've read he never "refused" the tire, but he did have a run out when he crossed the plane. Either way, little dude did some nice weaves for me 3 times that day :)

You can fix the last obstacle. Sadly I've let down and not indicated the last obstacle this before. The progress we've made with both teams has me very very happy. Flirt is rocking it. She has 2 years on Havoc so I guess I have 2 years to wait for us hehe :) Who was it that said Dobes seem to gel around 4 or 5?

·
Registered
731 Posts
They both look great. Looks like 1 refusal to me, but I'll have to look at the rules myself.

Reactions: Adara

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I think you got a bum call. It's too late now but always ask for a rules explanation. Believe me, I've had plenty of refusals and never had them counted twice. I mean, if a dog misses a jump, where else is he going but past it?

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Pretty much all of us have had bum calls. Just chalk it up to that and let it equal out the "gifts" when some judges missed the fault. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts