Bonnie 2/21/89 to 1/20/97 (f) 28" 72lbs complications due to wobbler's

Mindy 12/7/88 to 5/20/02 (f) 24" 56lbs old age

Gadget 2/14/00 to 1/20/05 (m) 31" 96lbs bone cancer

Grace 6-7-02

PeeWee 10-13-04

·
Extraordimary
4,976 Posts
My first was Sabre who lived to between 8 and 9, euthanized due to Wobbler's. My husband (who was my boyfriend then) owned his brother, Satan who was euthanized due to seizures (freak head injury) at the age of 4 about a year after we married. Satan had a reaction to phenobarbitol which was causing problems. Rock and a hard place - he needed the phenobarb to control the seizures but couldn't be on the phenobarb since it made him anemic.

Rebel was one month shy of 8 years, bloat.

Sadie lived to be 12. Necrotic section of intestine.

Ember lived to be 11, cholangiohepatitis.

Wonder was 8, lymphoma.

Wish was 9, osteosarcoma.

Current Dobes are Rocket (will be 9 next week), Rory and Karma (8), Zeke (4), Shelby (3) and Kismet (2). We co-own Jessie (5) and Deacon (3) but they live elsewhere. And we also have our old German shorthaired pointer, Halley, who is 13.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Dobermans since 1973:

Milhouse lived to be 12, cardio

Scion lived to be 10, sudden cardio

Baron lived to be almost 11, cancer

Lost my black Lab Pete last year at age 16, old age

My current boy Rex is 2

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
only a little piece?
Yes. My first cat and my rottweiler own the rest of it.:sunglasse (and my other animals).
He's lucky he got that much considering how much of what he got into my brain!!!
Mine usually run between 68 and 73 lbs.
:biggthump Good to know, thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
First was Mansen who made me fall in love who lived from 1995-Aug 2002-CHF (probable DCM)
My heart dog Cleopatra who blessed us with sharing her life from 6/4/1998-1/1/07- (DCM-sudden death)

and last but not least Jordan who joined us on March 22, 2007 and I'm looking forward to living and very long, healthy life with us until the age of a ripe old man.

My non-dobe is Summer who is a piece of me who I adopted in the summer of '94 and blesses us every day with her adoring, loyal life.

Other then that I have a managere of 3 cats, 3 snakes, a bearded dragon a betta, pond fish, a husband and 3 human pets (woops, I mean kids).

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
My first doberman was a gift from my Aunt 33 years ago. She was a red bitch named Tasha. She had to be put down at 14 due to old age.

My second doberman was a gift from a boyfriend back in the early/mid 80's and was my introduction to showing dogs (in obedience at that time). Bogart was stolen from me as a young dog and I never saw him again.

My third doberman was Brit, given to me by Bob & Pat Hastings when I was their assistent/live in help. He passed from DCM at 6 years old.

My fourth doberman was Lucy, bought from my friend Donna. Lucy just passed away last year at age 10 1/2 from sudden onset DCM.

And now there is Cher. She's going to be healthy and live forever.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My first was Duke, who I rescued at around 7-8 years of age. He died of DCM right in front of me at 10.

Now I have Rumor, who's a little over 2.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
And now there is Cher. She's going to be healthy and live forever.

Who is Cher's breeder. I want one of those. LOL.
LOL!!!!!!!! yea me too.
Of course there is a wide range, but yes, they *should* be under 70 pounds ideally.
thanks julie.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I have Bumpy who is the first Dobie I have owned. He is 18 1/2 months old and 100lbs.

I have two non-Dobies as well. Callie, almost 5 years old - pit/pointer - 68lbs and Bo, 14 years old - pit/labrador retriever/shephard (who knows) - 70lbs and still going strong.
Wow, I have close to 300lbs of dogs in my house - lol.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Isabelle is the first Doberman she is now 7. She is also my first dog as a grown -up - meaning I am responsible for her financially :) I always wanted a dobe so when I got my first house I got Isabelle soon after :)

We had lots of different breeds growing up. . . shetland sheepdogs ,poodle, a few mutts, a GSD mix, GSD, Neo mastiff - I think that's all of them :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts