Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simon makes me smile when he's eating, because he's wagging his tail so happily that his entire butt is going, too. He makes me smile when he comes over and rests his head on my lap just hoping for some love.

Shanoa makes me smile when she curls up as close to me as she can possibly get and snuggles with me. She makes me smile when she's goofy and trying to get Simon to play with her.

What makes you smile about your dogs?

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,580 Posts
Coco makes me smile every time I walk in the door. It does not matter if I have been gone for 5 minutes or the whole day. She always greets me at the door wagging her nub and smiling ear to ear. She smiles so hard she always makes herself sneeze but she keeps smiling through the sneezes. She also has to nuzzle my ear and cheek while she smiles!!:butfly:

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,906 Posts
One of Capri's favorite games is to find some forbidden object....a sock, a plastic container or a hairbrush, for example......, pick it up gently in her mouth and then sashay slowly through the room. She wobbles her butt from side to side and wags her nub rapidly, all the while throwing sideways glances at me as she goes.

When I call her to me to retrieve the object, she approaches more and more reluctantly, and her nub wags get slower and slower too. As I hold my hand out, she moves up until her head is just a few inches from me and then she jerks her head away and wobbles off. She glances back as she furiously wags the nub and the game becomes obvious.

I can say game because she relinquishes the object to me easily and it is never damaged--unless you count the slobber-logged patches. The combination of hip swaying, nub wagging and sideways glances always gets me to smile.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Mostly Flirt's sneer smile or when she shoves the whole sneer smile against your cheek and her giant pointy teeth rub on you. Her paw thing also cracks me up. The ladies at class were laughing at her last night. When she's excited in a sit, she lifts one paw up..each time at the end

flirt - YouTube
flirt2 - YouTube
flirt3 - YouTube
flirt4 - YouTube

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Vader brings his kong over to me and drops it in my lap if there is a cookie stuck inside that he can't get out he then sits and waits. If you aren't fast enough he whines. He also has to greet everyone with a toy in his mouth. He talks back when in a sit or down stay. He is very vocal!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Chase makes me smile when he randomly stares at me, if i stare back and hold the gaze, he spazzes out and jumps on my lap, nub wagging and face/ears/nose are furiously licked by him.

He also makes me smile while out on walks. When i first got him, he was very wary of people and would bark on the leash, and also be wary of other dogs. He was also very nervous in buildings and heavy traffic. After a very long 13 months, he now greets strangers with ears back and tail wagging, maybe a tentative kiss on the hand. He now loves exploring dog friendly buildings, and wants to stick his nose in everything. As for the dogs, that didnt take long at all, he loves all dogs, big or small. In hectic down town toronto, he is so comfortable that he can fall asleep in a busy park, or court yard, and ive caught him marking the trees :)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Love this thread :) Gunner makes me smile when he:

*Helps me bathe the kids every night. He stands beside me and licks up the water and makes them crack up. He's also made it his job to supervise the teeth brushing :)

*Nose pokies. Nuff said ;)

*Comes and lays his big head in my lap just to get some love. Or when he gently puts his big paw on me just for some attention.

*Behaves like a gentleman in public and proves a judgmental person wrong

Ok, honestly, most things this dog does makes me smile. I haven't felt this attached to a dog since I was 14 and tragically lost my childhood sheltie. I've fostered and been around a ton of dogs, but NONE of them compares to Gunner. I've had him a short time, but he's already my heart dog. I hope and pray he makes me smile for many more years :)

Off topic: BOTH ears are standing perfectly right now!! WOOHOO!! Waiting a bit to see what happens. I'm sure I'll have to post again, but for now, I'm LOVING seeing them both up.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
One of Capri's favorite games is to find some forbidden object....a sock, a plastic container or a hairbrush, for example......, pick it up gently in her mouth and then sashay slowly through the room. She wobbles her butt from side to side and wags her nub rapidly, all the while throwing sideways glances at me as she goes.

When I call her to me to retrieve the object, she approaches more and more reluctantly, and her nub wags get slower and slower too. As I hold my hand out, she moves up until her head is just a few inches from me and then she jerks her head away and wobbles off. She glances back as she furiously wags the nub and the game becomes obvious.

I can say game because she relinquishes the object to me easily and it is never damaged--unless you count the slobber-logged patches. The combination of hip swaying, nub wagging and sideways glances always gets me to smile.
LOVE this! Gunner does a variation of this. He grabs a forbidden object and dashes into his crate to hide it under his blankets. Then he just lays there and stares at you like "cell phone? What cell phone, mom?" Cracks me up every time. He gets so sad when I shoo him out to get my object back.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Without reading any other responses...

My girl makes me smile by just looking at her... Doesn't matter if she's just sleeping at my feet, looking at me with the big eyes, or doing something really goofy.

But the biggest smile is always when I get home from the day in the office and I walk in the door and she see's me and that dober nub is going a mile a minute and she approaches and lowers her head and gives me about 10 or so Dober "SMILES" in a row before I bend down to actualy pet her... That's the highlight of the day... Then she's at my side for the rest of the night, can't go anywhere without a shadow.

·
Banned
948 Posts
I am one of "those hard to make me laugh out loud types," .... Yes, being in medicine and keeping a straight face becomes second nature. I SMILE and laugh out loud when our girl opens her mouth wide to bite..... but, she never closes it. She looks like an alligator! She just turns her head from left to right and left to right- back and forth, with her mouth wide open and she shows all her teeth. She is wagging her tail and she knows it is funny! It is hysterical.. I will try to get a photo.. . . Thank you.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Devon makes me laugh when she is sitting with my husband and up she comes to follow me where I'm going.........to the bathroom or just to lay on our bed. When I'm out on errands and I pull up in the driveway if she's outside she is running back and forth for me to kiss her through the chain link fence. Then she will head for the patio door to come in and greet me with another kiss...........LOL! I agree I treasure every moment with Devon...because time flies when you're having fun. When she's sleeping I can walk out of the room or walk by her and she's my shadow......It's funny when I'm getting ready for church or shopping she lays on the bed and rolls her eyes..oh boy I wish I could go!! LOL! She is the love of my life..........:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Awe. I love this thread too.

Huxley makes me smile when she is playing with a toy, and then hears something that gets her attention and she perks up with her "serious face" cracks me up every time.

Also those random times (doing dishes, cooking, brushing my teeth) I'll turn around and see her giving me the "stare down". I swear those eyes are fierce!

Also anytime she uses her "big mean dog voice" it cracks me up. Doesn't sound right coming from her goofy puppy body with those floppy ears.

She's hilarious.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Skye makes me smile when she says "I love you" to the cat... thinking that will be the thing that convinces him that shes his best bud.
She also makes me smile when she "zoomies"... just soo freakin cute!!
When she's sleeping and I whisper her name, she jolts awake, immediately starts wiggling and runs over to stick her butt at me for a good scritch!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Great thread. Love reading the stories.

Maiya makes me smile a lot.
I smile when she wakes up before we get up and starts to hum (I don't know how else to describe it). She starts out softly and hums different notes. Hmmm. Hmmmmmm. Hmm. Hmmmm. I should be annoyed that she is waking us up early but it is so darn cute that I really do smile while listening to her.

I laugh when I find my sock in her toy box. Today my DH found his slipper in her toy box.
She quietly steals them and then puts them where she thinks they should be.

I smile when I catch her trying to bury something between the seat and back cushions of the chair or sofa. Usually it is a bully stick or my sock. She lays the item in position and then nose pokes it until it is pushed between the cushions.

And I smile when I'm sitting down and she brings her bowl to me and sets it on my lap.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Bronson made me smile a few minutes ago, because I was in the bedroom when my bf took him outside to go potty. I was sitting at the desk when he came running back in, ran past me right into the bedroom, realized I wasnt there, and ran to the couch. Started getting upset because I was missing. He pokes his head up looking at my bf whos making fun of him, finally sees me and his whole face lights up.
silly pups

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,301 Posts
Great thread Meadowcat. Love everyone's stories. Baron just makes me smile being here but if I had to pick a few things: No matter what he is doing in the house or where he is, if I go in the kitchen, he does this stealth thing by sneaking up and just sitting very straight and quitely watching me hoping to get something to eat.

Also he does what I call the "parrot" trick. He sits perched with his 2 front feet on your lap. Always make granny smile. Not a great picture, but you can get the "gist" of the trick:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts