Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,163 Posts
There is no way to tell from this picture. They are the same breed with very little differences beyond the extra "N" in Doberman/Dobermann

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a specific reason you are asking beyond just curiosity? She looks like she could be a great companion, but I do hope she is not an outside dog. Good luck and take good care of her regardless if she is European, American, or Martian. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks to everyone who has answered I was just curious but really don’t care if she is a European or not I love this dog to death and I’m happy to be a first time Doberman owner 🥳💯

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a specific reason you are asking beyond just curiosity? She looks like she could be a great companion, but I do hope she is not an outside dog. Good luck and take good care of her regardless if she is European, American, or Martian. :ROFLMAO:
I live in California LA she will be fine outside and I was just curious

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, I do not mean to be insulting, but she looks like a run of the mill BYB pet to me. That does not mean she cannot be a great pet for you.
Thanks for your input but even if she is from a backyard breeder or not she’s actually not a ugly Doberman I’ve seen her parents there top show dogs, This is her when she had her ears floppy by the way 😍
Dog Dog supply Carnivore Collar Pet supply
Dog Carnivore Collar Pet supply Dog breed

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Pet supply

Dog Vertebrate Carnivore Dog breed Mammal

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
She is a sweet-looking girl.
Just for your education (because you can never know too much), a reputable breeder will be able to provide pedigree and all health-testing documentation for the sires and dams of their pups and remove the dew claws. She definitely looks like a BYB or oops pup, but she looks like she will be a great companion.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Dobermans are not meant or bred to be outside dogs. They are bred for the purpose of personal protection and to be near their humans. Their coat is such that they should be kept indoors, it's a single coat breed and has no cooling or heating system, even in California.

If you're always going to keep your dog chained to your house, or that's where she's going to spend a majority of her life, perhaps another breed is a better fit for you? One that comes from a quarry and is delivered via a dump truck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for your input but even if she is from a backyard breeder or not she’s actually not a ugly Doberman I’ve seen her parents there top show dogs, This is her when she had her ears floppy by the way
Not a flame, but in what area are the sire and dam Top Show dogs, conformation?

So apparently you’ve seen their pedigrees to establish their bloodline and titles, but not sure of their heritage?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dobermans are not meant or bred to be outside dogs. They are bred for the purpose of personal protection and to be near their humans. Their coat is such that they should be kept indoors, it's a single coat breed and has no cooling or heating system, even in California.

If you're always going to keep your dog chained to your house, or that's where she's going to spend a majority of her life, perhaps another breed is a better fit for you? One that comes from a quarry and is delivered via a dump truck.
Who said I keep my dog chained 😂 don’t say anything if you don’t no me please

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
31,124 Posts
Well, you did say this "I live in California LA she will be fine outside and I was just curious" and a couple of your pictures show her on a chain, so it was a natural conclusion to make, though stated in a less than tactful way.

You'll find that a lot of people here would be concerned if you are expecting to keep a dobe outside for a substantial length of time because dobes really need a lot of contact with their owners and don't do well as a yard dog. They also don't tolerate either heat or cold very well, so an outside life is not ideal for them at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just for your education (because you can never know too much), a reputable breeder will be able to provide pedigree and all health-testing documentation for the sires and dams of their pups and remove the dew claws. She definitely looks like a BYB or oops pup, but she looks like she will be a great companion.
Thank you
Hi Finesser. Welcome to you and your pup from the Pacific NW

What is your girl's name?

John L
Portland OR
her name is Valentina

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you

1 - 20 of 44 Posts