Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How can I fix not standing cropped ear?

26K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  MMcCown 
#1 ·
Is there any way to fix a cropped ear that isn't standing properly? Please help my dobermans ear doesn't stand completely up.

#13 ·
My intact male Dobie, rescued from the street, about 7 years old," has very thin short cropped ears. One falls across his head. My vet here in Mexico said something about "a couple of stitches" could fix it. Have you ever heard of this? Is there any other way, short of implants, to get this ear to stand up?
This dog came to me just skin and bones. I have never seen a living dog this thin. He is all scars and has unbelievable plaque on his teeth, one broken canine, back and hip problems and sciatic pain. We are doing the best we can to fix everything and we certainly don't want to place any more burdens on him.

#4 ·
How old is your dog? Also, it would be really helpful if you could post a picture of the flopping ear. That way we can see where it is flopping.

Reactions: ChargersinCharge
#6 ·
Welcome from Missouri - yes it can most likely be fixed. How old is the dog??? Does it flop over the head of droop down???? If over 6 months at this point you are looking at corrective surgery. If you need to know what to do let me know and I can give you info on the right corrective surgery.

#10 ·
When an ear breaks over the top of the head like that it is a much harder fix and still might not work. Seeing that i would leave it alone unless you get a response from someone's whose' vet is successful with that type. The floppy ear is not to hard to fix.

#12 ·
Ok, I read the post on here. I have 2 dobe, both of them have there ears cropped. Nice cut. But the vet didnt tape them on their first visit, but waited when we got back from our trip. The pet resort we took them said they would do it, but vet advised against it. Now my male has 2 floppy ears and my female has one ear she can stand up and the other flops. They both just turned 1yr. I quit taping about 3mo after. With 2 of them they helped each other pulling off tape. Never went to vet who cut them. Went back to our other dobe vet. Any ideas? Please help. Yes our other dobe has her ears cut and perfect, but different vet. i can send pics later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.