Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Mine potty on command, I taught them using treats and praise b/c we travel often and also that command comes in handy at shows. When they go outside as puppies, they don't get attention or get to play until they potty ( I say go potty until they do) and when they do they get tons of praise (sometimes a treat) and get to play and have fun. They catch on very fast. Even comes in handy in the rain.

I use the crate method when they are young, and never let puppies roam unsupervised so they can't pee or poop where I can't see them, I also feed on a schedule and take them out all the time, even at night. My Dobes were always reliable by 3.5-4.5 months with housetraining. All accidents are my fault b/c puppies bladders are very small and sometimes they just can't hold it that long. If they do go in the house I just tell them no ad scoop them up and they finish outside and get praised for going outside.

There was really good advice given to you on this thread. If you use the search button you can look up past advice on this, I think this was a discussion topic in the town hall topics too.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.