Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Well thanks Tracy, I'm flattered - or rather, Cyrus is.

As far as buying from a reputable breeder, my best advice to anyone would be to join your local DPCA Chapter Club and let people get to know the kind of person you are. Study the breed, learn all you can and most of all DO something with your dogs - obedience, agility, therapy, whatever.

Even though I've been a DPCA member since about 1999, and a Miami Valley DPC member since 2000, I was checked out six ways from Sunday to be able to buy Cyrus. I'd had dobes for 10 years (all rescues), been MVDPC President and Secretary and never even considered breeding a litter, and I still had a home inspection from someone Cy's dad's owner knew and trusted.

If you start out in dobes by breeding random dog A to random dog B, you're going to have an uphill battle ever getting a reputable breeder to believe you've changed your ways.

TracyJo said:
You know Tyson, it's really kind of hard to be jealous of something we all could have if we wanted. It's not as if HoH or K-tal are picky on who they sell their dogs too - Their only requirement is a credit card or lots o' cash.
If I were jealous of any owners here it would be BlackDog - have you seen the pics of her dog? Not just anybody and everybody is approved to own a dog from a reputable breeder.
And, I'd pit my "greyhound" Dobe against a Malamute any day when it comes to strength - this little girl is all muscle!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
I don't remember her even mentioning another breeder. Off to look....
Oh yes, I see the links at the bottom of her page.

I'm sure those breeders are really jealous. Not!

It still makes me sad to read her story and look at Keeper's pictures.

·
Banned
16 Posts
i talked to you befor (lexus)you told me you got lexus thrue a pland breeding and was around her mother a lot and you stated you started this sit i dont agree with all my freands i just think you have a gruge agenst barrie hoytt and wount to run him down and yes he is a great trainer and yes my spelling is bad but my eyes are not.altobello best breeders of the world 2005 check the record. kimbertall i dont know them but they go to a great deal to get ch.dobies from europ.and yes europ holds the higest standerd of dobies and 4 the price good dogs are not cheap but sounds like you people would rather pay 2.00 and get one from a pound insteat of spending your money on qulity good blood lines from europ are not cheep it cost me way in the thousands to buy and import a great feamil you can see her father in the move flags of hour father clint estwoods latest move . rainbow di altobello and yes he is a dam ch. if you people would spend your time bettering the breed and quit running down people you know nothing about the hole world would be better off. they was a wore monmoreal 4 dogs in tn. the hoytt dogs put on a rather god ob show you should have seen it

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Tyson said:
o i 4 got lexus promotes 2 breeders and some times foxfire i can show you in some emails he seant me email me if you need proof. gon 4 good to this **** sit
Yeah what I did was send you links of GOOD breeders with quality titled and healthtested dogs to compare HOH practices as a kennel and as a whole to. Remember the ones you said looked like greyhounds. I sent you links for Foxfire, Cambridge, and I even sent you a link to Maryanddobes site. The point was to open your eyes. Guess that failed.

Bub-bye then....

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.