Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hoytt a breeds great dogs and is a great lover of the breed? Yeah sure thing! Ask how many rescues have hoytt dogs because he won't take them back and takes no responsibility once he's pawned them off.

Ethical breeder?
I guess that's why he breeds oversized dogs, no health testing, cropping being an option. If I were you i'd look for a better friend and get your facts straight! By the way of hoytt be a great trainer, hahaha, he wouldn't know one end of a lead from the other!

·
Banned
16 Posts
i guess you have never seen a hoytt barrie trained or you would like to hire him.and a dobie you dont need a lead on is trained; and 4 the rescues if a hoytt was in it i would be moor than glad to get it out and so would others so stop betting on some one you would like to be but cant. i hope one day you truley owen a great one so you know the diference in it and **** greayhounds

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Tyson said:
i guess you have never seen a hoytt barrie trained or you would like to hire him.and a dobie you dont need a lead on is trained; and 4 the rescues if a hoytt was in it i would be moor than glad to get it out and so would others so stop betting on some one you would like to be but cant. i hope one day you truley owen a great one so you know the diference in it and **** greayhounds

First warning, don't attack other people's dogs. Also regarding the "sh!t greyhounds" comment, why don't you check out the breed standard. And see that a doberman isn't supposed to be a tank. They are supposed to be slim, muscular, and agile, that's what helps them to serve the purpose they are bred for.
I'm not trying ot be rude, but with your spelling and grammar I really can't understand what you are trying to say. especially this sentance... and 4 the rescues if a hoytt was in it i would be moor than glad to get it out and so would others so stop betting on some one you would like to be but cant.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Blitzter said:
By the way of hoytt be a great trainer, hahaha, he wouldn't know one end of a lead from the other!
Let's stick to the facts and stay away from personal insults please, even if the person it is directed at isn't here.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Tyson said:
the hoytts you say barrie pawned them off and would not take back i will take them and you would if you hade a chance.
The point isn't that you would take them, the point is the breeder by all rights should take the dogs back. And that didn't happen. For crying out loud nearly everyone at this site would take a dog in need, and there are many dobes in need out there, which brings up the question, where are all the breeders in this picture? Not taking responsibility for their pups that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I agree lexus.
we consider duchess a smaller built girl...but she is standard...and even though she is built like that...if you saw and felt her in person she is rock solid. Since she is the size she is she can do it all. Although we are only starting in obedience competitions eventually b.c she is well ready for it...she honestly was built the best so she can perform her best at anything. Agility...Shutzhund...obedience...etc...she would be able to do it if we trained her to do so with flying colors. There is no reason to go above the breed standard and produce "bigger" dobes. Why would someone anyways? to slow them down? to have less endurance? to have to carry more weight? to make them not jump as high or long?
Duchess has so much endurance and speed at the dog park she can have 5 dogs chasing after her and she easily runs 10 feet in front of them the whole time, meanwhile the dogs chasing her take breaks ...or more dogs come to chase her...and she isnt breaking a sweat.
This "greyhound" look you speak of is the reason they are such great dogs and are great at everything they do....and they dont not only live longer...they perform faster and better then a large dobe.

haha speaking of endurance and stuff. at obedience class its so funny to watch cause its in an unairconditioned room in the summer and all the other rotts...am staffs...goldens...are panting like crazy and Duchess doesnt even open her mouth. She doesnt let her tongue hang out or anything. In down stays..you can see her look over to the other dogs that are panting and its like she says "Whats the matter with you!???" haha

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think I smell a troll here...

·
Extraordimary
5,150 Posts
Tyson said:
i guess you have never seen a hoytt barrie trained or you would like to hire him.
Personally, I've seen the Hoytt Doberman that won the DPCA top 20 a few years ago and I just felt sorry for her. She had no "spark". I don't know who exactly trained her - my understanding was that her owner was a trainer working for Hoytt but that poor dog executed all the moves and did everything she was supposed to do while looking completely miserable the entire time. IMO, it sure didn't look like anything positive had ever happened to her while in training.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
You know Tyson, your lack of education in more than one area is really showing.

where was Barrie when this lady needed help?
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2103/

I really hate that Sheena deletes threads, but not to long ago a similar discussion was had over there and one person was convinced that Barrie was so great. Since he didn't believe us, he actually emailed several rescues in Tennessee only to find out they all had rescues from HOH and not very good things to say about Barrie.

So please, go to any rescue near Barrie and save all those poor dogs. I hope you have a big house.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It is obv. Tyson that you have a lack of knowledge of what a doberman is supposed to be. If you think you can come in here and try to change the minds of people who know better. Then you are wasting your time and ours.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Haven't read thru all the threads but there is a reason why there are conformation standards - and 'oversize' isn't an acceptable quality on any AKC list for any breed.

It all comes down to 'buyer beware' - if you don't do your homework you will be disappointed every time. Some states have pet 'lemon laws' but try taking that Dobe puppy back to the breeder after your kids have cuddled with it - good luck! I would think that going to a DPCA breeder, you would have a better than average chance of getting a good pup than checking through the classifieds, but again, take the time to talk to various breeders, go to the shows and chat people up who are just watching with their Dobes. Word of mouth is the best way to find a good breeder. If you have ANY doubts, be prepared to look elsewhere for your puppy.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Ok, I've read thru the threads. No health testing? Did Hoytt's clients just fall off the proverbial turnip truck?

Java at 14 mos is 65 pounds, and won't put on too much more weight. Like Dutchess, I love watching her when she gets into what I call her 'Seabiscuit' mode - she'll tear ahead of whatever dog she is running with, hang back just enough to let them 'catch up' but once their noses are by her shoulder she'll race another ten feet ahead as well. And I swear she is smiling all the while.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
:) Java Duch is 65 pounds too :) however we weighed her a couple months ago...but should be right there still...she is a little over 2 years now though. that is a good way to put it "seabiscuit mode" lol. Dobes are definately dogs that when they meet the standard can do anything and everything!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Barrie Hoytt rarely trains his dogs, he leaves that up to his wanna-be trainers, which is not saying much, and as for hiring him, why would I want to hire and suppoort a puppy miller?

(Quote from Tyson!) and a dobie you don't need a lead on is trained. Guess that leaves hoytt dogs out, esp being so-called trained by him! Lots of people rescue hoytt dobes, funny thing, rather sick thing is that hoytt never does rescue his own dogs. And why would I or anyone want to be like berrie hoytt?

I've had dobies for 28 years for the love of the breed, not to make a living off of. Oh and by the way I own great dobes now and aways have. Seems to me you are the one who needs to learn the difference from a great/nice dog from a BYB, puppy miller dog.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
You know Tyson, your lack of education in more than one area is really showing.

where was Barrie when this lady needed help?
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2103/

I really hate that Sheena deletes threads, but not to long ago a similar discussion was had over there and one person was convinced that Barrie was so great. Since he didn't believe us, he actually emailed several rescues in Tennessee only to find out they all had rescues from HOH and not very good things to say about Barrie.

So please, go to any rescue near Barrie and save all those poor dogs. I hope you have a big house.
LOL CM, I did actually email that link to him already, his response from it, was that she was trying to push another breeder and bash Hoytt. Guess she must be jealous too....

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
You know Tyson, it's really kind of hard to be jealous of something we all could have if we wanted. It's not as if HoH or K-tal are picky on who they sell their dogs too - Their only requirement is a credit card or lots o' cash.
If I were jealous of any owners here it would be BlackDog - have you seen the pics of her dog? Not just anybody and everybody is approved to own a dog from a reputable breeder.
And, I'd pit my "greyhound" Dobe against a Malamute any day when it comes to strength - this little girl is all muscle!

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Lexus said:
LOL CM, I did actually email that link to him already, his response from it, was that she was trying to push another breeder and bash Hoytt. Guess she must be jealous too....
I don't remember her even mentioning another breeder. Off to look....

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.