Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Tyson said:
i forgot to tell you this the man that invented this sit owens a hoytt gess wat it is not 4 sale does this tell you aney thing ha ha and another hoytt this site is to just indores other breeders if you would like to talk to me call or email me i have some great dogs hoytt and altobello dobies [email protected]

***Edited to remove telephone number***
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here - but I'm going to try to respond.

As far as I know there is only one active member here who owns a Hoytt Dobe. That dog is not for sale for the same reason my dog is not for sale - the owner (like me) loves her dog! It could have come from the man on the moon and she would still love it. Following your logic - my unwillingness to sell Chihiro must mean that Koza kennels is a quality facility - it is not by any stretch of the imagination.
A person's unwillingness to sell their dog does not in anyway reflect the quality of the breeder (or lack thereof).

This site does not endorse any one particular breeder. The members of this site diligently try to inform others of the steps to be taken in choosing a quality breeder. One of those steps is to ensure the breeder performs even the most basic of health tests - Hoytt does not. Another is to make sure the sire and dam are proven - Hoytt's dogs are not. Yet another quality to look for in a reputable breeder is one who is working to better the breed - since Hoytt does not title his dogs OR health test his dogs, it is impossible for him to even attempt to better the breed.

If you, Tyson, are a fan of Barrie Hoytt - and you obviously are - that is fine. But please do not waste anymore space on the web defending his breeding practices here to those who know better.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
You know Tyson, it's really kind of hard to be jealous of something we all could have if we wanted. It's not as if HoH or K-tal are picky on who they sell their dogs too - Their only requirement is a credit card or lots o' cash.
If I were jealous of any owners here it would be BlackDog - have you seen the pics of her dog? Not just anybody and everybody is approved to own a dog from a reputable breeder.
And, I'd pit my "greyhound" Dobe against a Malamute any day when it comes to strength - this little girl is all muscle!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.