Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Haven't read thru all the threads but there is a reason why there are conformation standards - and 'oversize' isn't an acceptable quality on any AKC list for any breed.

It all comes down to 'buyer beware' - if you don't do your homework you will be disappointed every time. Some states have pet 'lemon laws' but try taking that Dobe puppy back to the breeder after your kids have cuddled with it - good luck! I would think that going to a DPCA breeder, you would have a better than average chance of getting a good pup than checking through the classifieds, but again, take the time to talk to various breeders, go to the shows and chat people up who are just watching with their Dobes. Word of mouth is the best way to find a good breeder. If you have ANY doubts, be prepared to look elsewhere for your puppy.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Ok, I've read thru the threads. No health testing? Did Hoytt's clients just fall off the proverbial turnip truck?

Java at 14 mos is 65 pounds, and won't put on too much more weight. Like Dutchess, I love watching her when she gets into what I call her 'Seabiscuit' mode - she'll tear ahead of whatever dog she is running with, hang back just enough to let them 'catch up' but once their noses are by her shoulder she'll race another ten feet ahead as well. And I swear she is smiling all the while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.