Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
675 Posts
There are no lines without health problems. If Barrie Hoytt really had a genepool of Dobermans without health problems the world would be beating a path to his door because there is no line in the world that doesn't have DCM, CVI, vWD, HD somewhere in it. And he would be a godsend, people wouldn't have to watch their beloved dogs die of these awful diseases, as a number of people here have. He's a snake oil salesman. He doesn't do health testing, he doesn't have any champions, he has a few dogs with CDs because he sends them out with handlers to get the CDs and then he sells them for more money, calling them Grand Victors or something like that.

He breeds a LOT of puppies every year, 50 to 100, there's no way they can be raised and socialized properly, plus with the overpopulation of the breed already, the rescues overflowing and Dobermans being euthanized in shelters because there aren't homes for them, he is making the problem worse.

He also breeds oversized dogs, which you seem to dislike and he doesn't just get them accidentally, he deliberately breeds for them and charges more money for them as well. And he breeds them in turn. So on all the counts you criticized DPCA breeders for he's guilty as well and more so.

The thing that bothers me the most about him is not that all his dogs are bad quality, they're not. But that he doesn't care about them, he doesn't care where they go or what happens to them.

And for someone who was raised "all his life" with Dobermans as he keeps saying, he knows virtually nothing about training, I know this from personal correspondence with him, and I'd bet he doesn't know any more about the breed or pedigrees than he knows about training. What he does know is sales.

·
Banned
675 Posts
My last Dobermans was 27" and weighed 80 pounds. The ones before him were both 27 1/4" and weighed 75 pounds. My current one is 27 1/2", weighs 70 pounds but hasn't filled out yet.

The only reason to answer you is so others don't think most of us agree with you. Your point seems to be to bash the DPCA for some reason. The fact is DPCA member breeders are a diverse bunch, there are good ones and bad ones. But Barrie Hoytt is a bad one, even you haven't mentioned anything he 's doing that's good or responsible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.