Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
My dobe(male) which i even got from a BYB....is 27" and 80lbs. I really dont think its that hard to find one that close within the standards. I have also been told to check ref. with the list of breeders from the DPCA site, cause even if they are on the list, does not make them a rep. breeder.

·
Registered
255 Posts
TracyJo said:
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here - but I'm going to try to respond.

As far as I know there is only one active member here who owns a Hoytt Dobe. That dog is not for sale for the same reason my dog is not for sale - the owner (like me) loves her dog! It could have come from the man on the moon and she would still love it. Following your logic - my unwillingness to sell Chihiro must mean that Koza kennels is a quality facility - it is not by any stretch of the imagination.
A person's unwillingness to sell their dog does not in anyway reflect the quality of the breeder (or lack thereof).

This site does not endorse any one particular breeder. The members of this site diligently try to inform others of the steps to be taken in choosing a quality breeder. One of those steps is to ensure the breeder performs even the most basic of health tests - Hoytt does not. Another is to make sure the sire and dam are proven - Hoytt's dogs are not. Yet another quality to look for in a reputable breeder is one who is working to better the breed - since Hoytt does not title his dogs OR health test his dogs, it is impossible for him to even attempt to better the breed.

If you, Tyson, are a fan of Barrie Hoytt - and you obviously are - that is fine. But please do not waste anymore space on the web defending his breeding practices here to those who know better.
I dont think anymore needs to be said here. I agree with ya 100% TracyJo. Oh and one more thing(for tyson)....YOU DO NOT ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, WHOEVER TOLD YOU THAT, Tyson....LIED TO YOU! Im sorry but there are many people out selling poorly breed dobes for way more than they should be, just for the money....they see them dollar signs and keep going.Not to mention those who try to skemp, when it comes to breeding,like the one whom you are trying to defend.Some of us atleast know better then to buy into it. And to be honest, cause now im not one to bash....but you come in here and post....but your spelling and grammer whatever is SOOOOO off....i dont really know to take you serious or not. Looks more like a 12yr old came in here just typing whatever. LOL now i know my mess is not perfect however you can at least understand mine.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It is obv. Tyson that you have a lack of knowledge of what a doberman is supposed to be. If you think you can come in here and try to change the minds of people who know better. Then you are wasting your time and ours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.