Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
A few years ago Berrie Hoytt admitted on a public Doberman chat group that he breeds for money, nothing else. On the same board he was asked to post health tests from his dogs, he said he would and never posted any results, in fact he never posted again. He takes no responsibility for any dog he breeds, ask rescues in his area! His guarrantees are a joke as are his screenings for a home.

This isn't a person I would want to support in any shape or form. Really he is nothing more than a flashy, good talking, commercial puppy miller.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hoytt a breeds great dogs and is a great lover of the breed? Yeah sure thing! Ask how many rescues have hoytt dogs because he won't take them back and takes no responsibility once he's pawned them off.

Ethical breeder?
I guess that's why he breeds oversized dogs, no health testing, cropping being an option. If I were you i'd look for a better friend and get your facts straight! By the way of hoytt be a great trainer, hahaha, he wouldn't know one end of a lead from the other!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Barrie Hoytt rarely trains his dogs, he leaves that up to his wanna-be trainers, which is not saying much, and as for hiring him, why would I want to hire and suppoort a puppy miller?

(Quote from Tyson!) and a dobie you don't need a lead on is trained. Guess that leaves hoytt dogs out, esp being so-called trained by him! Lots of people rescue hoytt dobes, funny thing, rather sick thing is that hoytt never does rescue his own dogs. And why would I or anyone want to be like berrie hoytt?

I've had dobies for 28 years for the love of the breed, not to make a living off of. Oh and by the way I own great dobes now and aways have. Seems to me you are the one who needs to learn the difference from a great/nice dog from a BYB, puppy miller dog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.