Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Doberdonut
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone familiar with this dog? I am trying to find more info on him, but can find barely anything at all. He’s a beautiful dog.

I have been going slowly through every CKC grand champion record searching for any grand championships awarded to a dilute, and haven’t found any yet. So far he seems the most likely candidate, but haven’t been able to confirm it. On one monitor he looks red, on the other he looks blue, and when I turn up the saturation he is definitely red. It’s the gold dress all over again. It doesn’t help that my eyes suck thanks to damaged corneas.

Dog Plant Dog breed Tie Carnivore

Dog Carnivore Gesture Dog breed Companion dog

·
Doberdonut
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely Red. That’s one Big Beautiful boy. I can’t wait to get my girl. I was supposed to get her in Oct and now it’s looking like Jan/Feb
He is gorgeous. I like him. Here is his Canuckdogs p

Lycan

That second, very red, pic is with saturation up, remember.

I am trying to find any dilute that’s received a grand championship in the CKC. DobeQuest came up zilch, and so did the memory of everyone I know in the DPCC. So now I’m digging through here.

Reactions: NOLAdoberman67

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I would guess blue, from the fur color and also the nose leather.

Reactions: brw1982

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
On this screen all of his pictures look like he's a red. Do you know who the sire and dam are? I was looking at DobeQuest and there weren't a lot of listings for anything of House of EmRam--but most of what was listed were red.

dobebug

·
Doberdonut
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On this screen all of his pictures look like he's a red. Do you know who the sire and dam are? I was looking at DobeQuest and there weren't a lot of listings for anything of House of EmRam--but most of what was listed were red.

dobebug
His grand championship awarding and his win record on Canuckdogs is literally all I can find.

Reactions: dobebug and melbrod

·
Super Moderator
23,426 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
30,560 Posts
If he's the dog 1luckygirl was talking about on the thread MC linked, this is what another post by her had to say (about the same dog?):

Hi guys.

"As far as Lycans size goes, I have been assured that his lines mature quickly. His pedigree is mostly south American. His maternal grand-sire is Charlestons Yankee and Paternal grand sire is Tyson de lex luthor and paternal great grand sire is Apollo de lex luthor who was a very big boy."

·
Extraordimary
5,148 Posts
When did the grand championship start in Canada would be my first question? I'm not positive we had it when this dog was showing, but maybe around the same time.

I'd contact Debi Noonan / Nightflight with any questions. The breeder of this dog went through a marriage break-up, dropped off the face of the planet and I thought I heard that a couple of her dogs went to rescue. She was a member of my local club, and took over my secretarial position when I moved to the US, but she dropped out as soon as I got back which was Jan 2010.

·
Doberdonut
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When did the grand championship start in Canada would be my first question? I'm not positive we had it when this dog was showing, but maybe around the same time.

I'd contact Debi Noonan / Nightflight with any questions. The breeder of this dog went through a marriage break-up, dropped off the face of the planet and I thought I heard that a couple of her dogs went to rescue. She was a member of my local club, and took over my secretarial position when I moved to the US, but she dropped out as soon as I got back which was Jan 2010.
Late 2013ish, though I keep seeing dogs pop up with it as early as 2008. Typos, I assume.

Reactions: melbrod

·
Premium Member
13,883 Posts
Nice of you to be so generous, bug. 😁
Now Melbrod--in order to register a dog from another registry (Canada in this case) AKC takes all pertinent information from the registration from the original certificate of the place where the dog was born. So if CKC registered him as blue then AKC would show the same thing.

So there--I just got home from the clinic--which they left in a very messy state--my only consolation was three of my favorite regular boarders were there. Grandma kitty--belongs to one of the vets who found her looking forlorne in his back yard--she's tiny, ancient and has multiple physical issues but purrs like a buzz saw when you pick her and pet her.
And Homer and Rusty who belong to the wife of the vet (now deceased) who was the original owner of our clinic. Both of these guys have been coming in for years--they were the replacements for a pair of all black girls who passed away at advanced ages and now the replacements are getting to those kind of ages too.

I apologize for being grumpy.

I'll go take a nap and behave better.

dobebug

1 - 16 of 16 Posts