Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking into this breeder an would like to know if she is reputable, trustworthy and if her dogs are of sound temperment, and good looking. :)

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can't speak to Lori as a breeder other than to say that I've met her bitch and she's lovely. I can say that, as a novice owner-handler, Lori has been exceptionally nice to me and has offered advice and support which I really appreciated.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yes she is trustworthy, Her lines go back to mine and Fabert .. They will have fantastic temperaments. As well are pretty nice looking babies too ;-)
Lori has done very well in the few litters she has bred and always breed's to better the breed ;-)
Good luck on your puppy search .

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Yes she is trustworthy, Her lines go back to mine and Fabert .. They will have fantastic temperaments. As well are pretty nice looking babies too ;-)
Lori has done very well in the few litters she has bred and always breed's to better the breed ;-)
Good luck on your puppy search .
^^^^ +1
A winning combination, in breeding IMO...feverone & Fabert !!

Our Amy is a Fabert girl, from the Dec. 2000 litter, she will turn 12 y/o before Xmas this year.
- with balanced temperament to spare, brain processing power, shares much love & affection, easy to puppy train & has natural instincts as an adult dobe
- like a velcro dogs thing, mine has some seperation anxiety (left alone)...but thats OK, we spoil her rotten and probably contributed to it
More reading - my puppy training period: http://www.dobermantalk.com/puppy-corner/68153-feisty-bugger.html
A good training website: www.leerberg.com

1luckygirl - I do not know your breeder, but it sure sounds very good...from the lineage background given.
Good luck, early fun pup play & training with mental stimulation, sets up the success...from Day1.

Amy and a new friend, she made...when we had visitors over / we have been pleased with her, beyond belief.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
^^^^ +1
A winning combination, in breeding IMO...feverone & Fabert !!

Our Amy is a Fabert girl, from the Dec. 2000 litter, she will turn 12 y/o before Xmas this year.
- with balanced temperament to spare, brain processing power, shares much love & affection, easy to puppy train & has natural instincts as an adult dobe
- like a velcro dogs thing, mine has some seperation anxiety (left alone)...but thats OK, we spoil her rotten and probably contributed to it
More reading - my puppy training period: http://www.dobermantalk.com/puppy-corner/68153-feisty-bugger.html
A good training website: www.leerberg.com

1luckygirl - I do not know your breeder, but it sure sounds very good...from the lineage background given.
Good luck, early fun pup play & training with mental stimulation, sets up the success...from Day1.

Amy and a new friend, she made...when we had visitors over / we have been pleased with her, beyond belief.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thank You... and its so nice to see your dog is turning 12! I'm sure Fabert will be thrilled to know this ;-)

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
She has some adorable blue babies right now that I would like to steal, I haven't met her, but I am her facebook friend and she seems to be very helpful, even when I was just looking fot microchip info.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for everyone's help. We Decided to go with her and can't wait
to bring home the big blue boy. :) we have done a lot of research
on the blues, and although we didn't set out looking for one
we are hoping with great nutrition, good genetics and a little luck, we won't have
problems with the coat.

Now for a name... Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
we are hoping with great nutrition, good genetics and a little luck, we won't have
problems with the coat.

Yehhh!! good for you..U will love him He is a stunning puppy..sure wish U would try your hand at showing him?? He would fly through his Championship.:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yehhh!! good for you..U will love him He is a stunning puppy..sure wish U would try your hand at showing him?? He would fly through his Championship.:)
I would be interested in showing him. Always been interested in showing but have no idea how to or where to start. I guess I would also need to discuss that with Lori.

Could you give me some info on where I would even begin if showing is an option?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I would be interested in showing him. Always been interested in showing but have no idea how to or where to start. I guess I would also need to discuss that with Lori.

Could you give me some info on where I would even begin if showing is an option?
Thanks
Where are you located?? Then i can help you find some handling classes .. Or a pro handler to hire. I am very happy that this is something of interest for you. As He is a gorgeous puppy that really deserves to be shown .. Him being blue may hold him back a bit But with a good handler and good judges they should over look it and see his structure .
Get lori to teach you the basic's. ;-)

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Thank You... and its so nice to see your dog is turning 12! I'm sure Fabert will be thrilled to know this ;-)
^^^^ Yeah, Francoise is proud of our girl (titled in OB and certified Therapy, working in local hospital and nursing home...with seniors)...not often, but we keep in touch.
- and has even posted one of Amy's pictures on her candid section, of the Fabert website...we were honoured.
- we met Francoise and Robert once at the Woodstock show (decade ago) / it was so cute...Robert saw our Amy and immediately said, "come see PaPa" in French accent

Our 1977 pup came from the last litter of Mrs. B. England (in Crediton ON.) and her & husband Lloyd both died, at plus 80 years old....Mrs England always had nice dobes, in looks and temperament and a house full of conformation show trophys...so we sort of started researching from this older lineage and one FM dog from B, lead us to the Montreal area.

Our only problem now, Amy will not last forever (while still doing good) and she is my heart-dog.
A new puppy will come into our home when we are doberless again, but I can't even stand the thought of having to wait on a litter.

problems with the coat.

^^^^ Boy names meaning "blue":
Cyan – English meaning Blueish Green
Sunil – Sanskrit meaning dark blue
Thanh – Vietnamese meaning bright clear blue
Topaz - Latin meaning blue gemstone

There are 34 Blue names for baby boys - WORD/MEANING MATCH:
Aashit navy blue ...The meaning of Aashit is 'navy blue'. ...
Aciano the blue bottle flower ... of Aciano is 'the blue bottle flower'. ...
Aoi blue-green colors ...The name is of the meaning blue-green colors. ...
Asita blue ...Asita's meaning is blue. ...
Azul sky blue ... 'azul' meaning sky blue ...
Azure sky blue ...The name's meaning is sky blue. ...
Bleu blue ...The name is of the meaning blue. ...
Caesar he who was cut out of the womb, he with a head of hair, blue-grey color ..
Cesidio blue ...The meaning of Cesidio is blue. ...
Chanten colored blue ...Chanten's meaning is 'colored blue'. ...
Cyan greenish-blue; ancient ... meaning is 'greenish-blue'. ...
Galanos having blue eyes ...The name Galanos means having blue eyes. ...
Glasynys blue island ...The name means blue island. ...
Gorman little, blue-eyed one, ... meaning is 'little, blue-eyed one, man of ...
Gormley the blue spearman ...The name is of the meaning the blue spearman. ...
Hinto blue ...The name's meaning is blue. ...
Indivar blue lotus; blessing ...The name Indivar means blue lotus. ...
Mankato blue earth ...The meaning of Mankato is blue earth. ...
Marlais blue ...The meaning of Marlais is 'blue'. ...
Matlalihuitl greenish-blue feather ... of the meaning greenish-blue feather. ...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys,

I'm so confused. I did so much research in regards to blues and it seemed as though their was a chance of cda but not a guarantee and that it may just have a thinner coat but otherwise o additional health issues. I am prepared for this, but now another breeder is trying to scare me out of it. Saying the dog will prob die young, the skin will always be full of puss, unable to pet it etc. and no cure for a chronically infected dog.

Also said it is so bad that in Europe entire litters are disqualified if any pup is a dilute, and that many breeders there put them down?...

Please help me figure this out!,,
Thanks

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
I hope that is just hearsay because it's interesting that cropping and docking is banned in Europe, yet some breeders there have no problem with killing puppies due to the color they are(a color that is even recognized by the breed club and is not a fault).

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
but now another breeder is trying to scare me out of it. Saying the dog will prob die young, the skin will always be full of puss, unable to pet it etc. and no cure for a chronically infected dog.

Also said it is so bad that in Europe entire litters are disqualified if any pup is a dilute, and that many breeders there put them down?...
Wow, WHO told you that, and are they trying to sell you a puppy??? Here is a good link for info on dilutes Storm's Regimen
You may end up with a bald dog, but dying young has nothing to do with coat color. With proper care your dog should not have chronically infected skin either.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, it is another breeder who's dogs we looked at. She called to follow up and my husband told her we were going with someone else and it was blue. :rolleyesww: he shouldn't have. Now the emails and phone calls with all this information on how sickly it's going to be and that I'll be calling her back regretting it. :(

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
I owned a blue male many years ago and even though he was a great dog, after watching him go from a beautiful shiny coated steel blue to a dry, sparsley coated dog who people thought had some kind of contagious skin condition, :( , I never wanted to have another.

Here I am many years later and have adopted a young blue male, he needed a home, no matter what color he is.

BUT, already I am seeing his coat thinning and secondary skin issues arising. It saddens me to know that he will lose most of his coat, no matter what I try to do about it.

So, if anyone does get a blue or fawn doberman, they WILL have coat issues that the blacks and reds do not have.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
They can have skin issues and CDA. Personally I would not do it, but MANY do have blues and fawns and they do just fine. From what I've read the skin issue is JUST that a skin issue. I've dealt with a red with horrible skin issues and the hoops and regimen I went through to keep his coat healthy was just too much for me.

Blues and fawns are a DQ in other countries, but not the US. I haven't met many blues/fawns but of the few I've met (say 15) all have ended up with coat problems.

Reactions: 1luckygirl

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Okay that is absolutely DISGUSTING that another breeder would do that! How dumb! As if you would change your mind and go with them? It's like they are a bully!!! I bet i could guess who LOL!
If you did your research and feel comfortable then don't worry. Red and Black dogs also have issues.... Red dogs can have coat issues too. What is wrong with some people!!!
Lori is a very nice person, and I'm sure you will be very happy with your new puppy. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm so confused. I did so much research in regards to blues and it seemed as though their was a chance of cda but not a guarantee and that it may just have a thinner coat but otherwise o additional health issues. I am prepared for this, but now another breeder is trying to scare me out of it. Saying the dog will prob die young, the skin will always be full of puss, unable to pet it etc. and no cure for a chronically infected dog.

Please help me figure this out!,,
Thanks
I cant believe someone is doing that to you... I can put you onto someone that has a 12 yr old blue girl that her coat is just thinning now!and she is a can Ch and only needed 1 pt to finish her Am Championship! sure it helps feeding a good diet .But No way should they ever be put down for being a dilute. This is NOT Europe blues and fawn are an allowed colour and can be shown and are shown in the US and canada.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts