Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wooohoo... i used to show morgans and i had seen lexus also has horses. sounds like her passion just as it is mine... do any of you also show horses, barrel race, rope, drive cattle......

that used to be my fortee' but i moved to washington and i see a few horses and i would like to buy two horse to have up here.... wanna start showing morgans again and barrel racing...

well tell us do any of your have horses that you ride in a rodeo, or show?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I rode my arabian at the fair once. Thats about it. Would have kept doing it but we didn't keep him. The only thing I never got into was jumping and I've always been interested in it. Never could get used to riding english eitheir,grew up on the western.

I'm still debating what to get. I love arabians and pagasus is just down the street from me but my moms friend is into friesens again and would give me a great deal on one and since they are so expensive it may be a good idea.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
arabians are great.... especially if you do want to do jumping they are long leged and love to do that. and i also agree jumping is interesting... ive done it but not because i wanted too... lol...that is awesome id go with another arabian they are great

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
OHHHHHH DROOOOOOLLLLLLL FREISIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If there is a more beautiful animal out there....... I've kill for one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another gorgeous one is the Gypsy Vanner. Have you seen them at all!! Draftier than a Friesian, but drop dead gorgeous manes and forlocks!!!!!

I grew up on arabs!! I had polish arabs..but round here if you want to show and be successful, quarter horses was the only way to go so that's how I got into them.....

I went Monday and rode a friend's horse because it's been about two years and I'm jonesin pretty bad, she has a ex race horse (but tame!!) 17.2 hands!!!! I thought I'd need a flippin carpenters ladder to get on him!!! Once I was up (WAY UP) there perched in that TINY little saddle of hers, I felt like I was sitting on a tree branch because he was so DARN narrow!!!! But it was fun!

Arabs aren't real long legged though, they're breed to be a smaller daintier horse(but with fabulous stamina), but there's the exception to every breed . I never really got into jumping too much, I figure I did enough to warrent hurting myself eventually. I did it a few times with Reno, but you could do ANYTHING with him and he'd baby you the whole way.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh gosh you are so right... you know your horses and that is awesome.... thoroughbreds are alittle ummmm skinny LOL... my quarter ashley was hugely broad... and i want to show again too... morgans are awesome show horses they are wider than arabians LOL... this is awesome fellow horse and dobie nuts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Lexus,you know where Oberlin is? The lady with the friesens lives right on the outside of town. If you are ever interested I can introduce you. I was so sad when she stopped breeding,like five years ago. Then last month I talked to her again and she had just bought more breeding stock. She gave it up because of her health but she said it wasn't worht living without them :) I love the gypsys too!

I haven't allowed myself to go back to pegasus though. http://www.pegasusarabians.com/
They are beautifulll!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I used to have horses when I was in school. I had appaloosa's, standardbreeds and quarter horses. I showed western, halter and my favorite the Barrel!!!! I also showed for a lady her paints and quarter horse in Mid Michigan Circuit. I would love to get another horse. I bought myself a yearling about 8 years ago and had it trained and ready to go and found out I was pregnant. So I sold him. I love Freisains very pretty horses.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
joce said:
Lexus,you know where Oberlin is? The lady with the friesens lives right on the outside of town. If you are ever interested I can introduce you. I was so sad when she stopped breeding,like five years ago. Then last month I talked to her again and she had just bought more breeding stock. She gave it up because of her health but she said it wasn't worht living without them :) I love the gypsys too!

I haven't allowed myself to go back to pegasus though. http://www.pegasusarabians.com/
They are beautifulll!

Good lord Joce, what a beautiful farm!! (Pegasus) Drop dead gorgeous horses!

Hubby says Oberlin is about 1:45 hours away, I would be THRILLED to see the friesians up close and personal!!!!!!!!!!! Do you think one would fit in my purse.......

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hey check out this gelding guys.... I don't need another horse, but I can't help from looking and falling in love!!

He's out of shape from not being worked enough and his coat is scruffy right now, but you horse people can see through that right?? Great topline and neck LOVE THE NECK!! His neck screams hunt seat! He'd be gorgeous in QH huntseat.... I love to find the horses that have the potental and work them into more! He's totally built to get under himself and drive for a great working trot. And he's sooo close to me.....

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm supposed to go out there soon. I'll try to have her think of a day I cna bring people out. All the people I still talk to from my barn want in their sooo bad. I tried looking for the pictures of her old horses and I can't find them! There are a couple really great barns out hre. Pegasus has started holding a lot of things lately and their auctons are apparently insane to watch! I'm really thinking about just leasing one for a couple months to finish getting me through school. I need a stress reliever.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
That would be great for you Joce! I hear ya about the stress reliever! My hubby says he needs a little seat time when he's stressed( motorcycyle), same for us horse people too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love horses. I have a couple but only show the one. I have a 16hh anglo gelding and a 9hh shetland mare and a 9hh silver taffy colt..

I usually compete in the halter and ridden witht he anglo..

I love the "seat time" when i am stressed... horses are a great stress reliever..

Ps white and blue i love the dobe on the right of your signature..i want one that colour but they are rare here..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts