Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Horrible Neighbor Dog Rant

So my next door neighbor who rescues dogs “for fun” (I’m a bit angry at the moment so sorry about the sarcasm) has at least 5 of them. I thought she had 4 dogs but, there is a new one now.

Never walks them.

They get out all the time.

Bark constantly inside of her house.

Eat her second floor screens out of the windows and then “hang out of them” barking as I walk Kira past their house.

Dig under my fence and come into my back yard/house because of the doggy door then chase my cats, eat the dog food then have the nerve to bark at me when I walk in my door.

"ADD" She also seams to work long hours as I always see her coming home after dark and she lives alone??? I wonder where they use the restroom, actually I don't want to know but, wonder.

Is not home as usual…

Why I am writing this is because the nice guy down the road just rang my doorbell and asked me, “Do you know your neighbor?” I should have said, “Nope” quickly but, I said “yes” too fast… I have two of her dogs in my car.

So anyways two of her lil’ yippy dogs are now in my house (again) because the gentleman down the road said his pitbull would eat them and of course the neighbor is not home… Like always…

“Huff” one of the said dogs, “Scrappy” (I have been calling him a different name but I won’t post it) has decided to snarl and try and bite my Kira Hime “aka” my Doberman! Seriously I think “Scrappy is a poodle mutt” and weighs 15lbs. he’s also missing a bunch of teeth and his breath stinks badly! I would put them outside but then they dig under the fence and get out! I am happy to help a neighbor whose loved pet gets out (my gawd if Kira got out my heart would crumble) but, these dogs get out at least once every other week and she KEEPS ADOPTING NEW ONES!!!

I actually thought I was going to mace her latest addition a few months back! A “lovely” white pitbull mix that was eating threw the bottom of the fence, halfway under and into my back yard, growling and barking at my dog at 3am as my dog barked and tried to bite back! Seriously using mace on “your” neighbor’s dog has got to end the peace-keeping right?

Every time I hand one of them back to her she always apologizes to me. I don’t give them back with a smile anymore, I’m sure I look humm, “less pleased” each time!

I know she keeps them in the house all of the time now because “someone called” about them barking outside non-stop, no not me. These two must have either eaten another window screen on the bottom level or survived the fall from the top window which has no screen (eaten a month ago) and is open today.

Any advice on how to handle this situation with her, I don’t want to be rude but, what needs to be done to have the situation addressed and fixed?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would do the same. Call animal control. If the dogs are crapping in the house, that's just terrible living conditions for them, and for her. Have you ever been in her house? Is she possibly a hoarder, and is compulsively adopting these guys, then gets in over her head? I'm guessing the living conditions are less than stellar in there, either way. I would say call animal control and let them sort it out. I don't know the rules, but surely you can call anonymously? Or at least request that they not tell her who called? No need to start a feud, but something needs to be done for the dogs, if nothing else.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would do the same. Call animal control. If the dogs are crapping in the house, that's just terrible living conditions for them, and for her. Have you ever been in her house? Is she possibly a hoarder, and is compulsively adopting these guys, then gets in over her head? I'm guessing the living conditions are less than stellar in there, either way. I would say call animal control and let them sort it out. I don't know the rules, but surely you can call anonymously? Or at least request that they not tell her who called? No need to start a feud, but something needs to be done for the dogs, if nothing else.
Yeah unfortunaltty I was inside her house once. Our remote control helicopter took a nose dive ontop of her pool screen room. I had to ring the doorbell... as I was walking threw the house to the back yard she kept saying, "Sorry about the mess."

I was only thinking of trying to resolve the situation between neighbors and totally didn't even think about letting animal control sort out the situation. You all are correct on what you suggested, I was blind to it.
Enough is enough right!?

This is why two minds are better then one...
Thank you!
I will update you if I find out any information after I call animal control.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh great one just took a dump on my new bedroom carpet!!!!!!!
I tossed them in the back yard.....
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I applaud the lady for rescuing, but now it seems the dogs need rescuing from her. Perhaps it is ignorance that leads to her inaction with regards how her dogs are behaving. I am not sure how your animal control people work but in the UK the RSPCA try to educate the owners rather than immediately going in to take the dogs away from her.

Other than that, you could always offer to pop round, to let the dogs out for her. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts