Pronunciation: (on'u-rer"ē), [key]
1. given for honor only, without the usual requirements, duties, privileges, emoluments, etc.: The university presented the new governor with an honorary degree.
2. holding a title or position conferred for honor only: an honorary president.
3. (of an obligation) depending on one's honor for fulfillment.
4. conferring or commemorating honor or distinction.
5. given, made, or serving as a token of honor: an honorary gift.
Refer to definition #1 & 2
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.