Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share a story a client told me today while I was working.

The owner brought in a Doberman mix 8 year old spayed female.
We asked about how she got the dog and this is what she told us.

The woman works at the local Humane society. The dog had been relinquished by owners who had just recently had a baby. There wasn't anything wrong with the dog, but they deemed it too much and relinquished the dog.
The woman knew after evaluating the dog that she would be adoptable and was almost the perfect dog.
Soon after arriving to the Humane Society the Ideal family walked through the door. They were mated up and it seemed like the perfect match. The paper work was done and the dog was on her way to her forever home.
Upon reaching the home the owner opened the car door to grab the leash of the dog when she BOLTED from the car.
Amazingly she didn't get hit by a single car on the busy intersection the owner lived on. Immediately she got on the phone with the police, Humane society and local vets to find the dog.
It wouldn't be until 2 weeks later that she would finally appear. The woman who worked at the Humane society spotted her. She was getting ready to leave for work when she opened the door and here she was sitting on the front porch. The Humane Society worker promptly called the owner and told her that the dog had been found. After a long conversation they decided that the dog had truly chosen her owner and they couldn't argue with it.
She brought in the dog with cuts all over and we found that she had a broken leg, but it was healing well.

The amazing part of this story is: The dog had never been to the Humane Society worker's house. She had never been anywhere around the woman's house. This dog was bound and determined to be with "her family" and amazingly found her without ever knowing where to go.

The power of animals amazes me still today even as I work with them more and more.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Amazing! She's never been to the worker's house!?
She's the gifted dog. Hope she'll live in the rest of her life happier!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts