Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My big brave beautiful boy crossed the bridge today after losing his 3 month battle with DCM/CHF. He fought this illness with everything he'd got but this morning it was obvious he'd had enough. So I fulfilled my promise to him that I wouldn't let him suffer & let him go to be reunited with his old friend Amber.

Homer came to us three years ago from our local doberman rescue after the sudden death of our first boy Eddie. We fell in love at first sight with this crazy eared goofball of a doberboy. He settled in straight away with our old girl Amber & was the perfect gentleman to her at all times. He was a crazy fun loving dobe who loved to play with his toys & do zoomies around the house when it was time for a walk, skidding across the floor & sending the rugs all over the place. He loved to be outside where he could indulge in his passion of sniffing out anything with a pulse. His favourite place to be was with his nose firmly poked down a rabbit hole. He would lay there deeply inhaling the aroma of bunny wafting up his nostrils, it was heaven to him. Inside the house he was the biggest cuddlebug. He just wanted to be loved so we gave it to him by the bucketload. He loved nothing more than to rest his head in your lap or push his nose into your stomach suffocating himself. It was like he was trying to poke his nose right inside you & he'd get this silly glazed look in his eyes as you stroked his ears. Those ludicrous looking ears, they had a life of their own. I'm going to miss them so much, they complimented his personality perfectly. He looked like a goofball & he was a goofball but he was our goofball & we loved him to bits. We're broken hearted but glad he is now at peace & free from this awful disease.
My house is empty now. There has always been a dog in my life for the last 30 years & now I am dobe less for the first time in 13 years. I can't see my life without a dobe in it. When the time is right dobe no.4 will stomp his paws all over my heart just as the first three have.

Homer my precious old cuddlebug, you bought untold joy & love to our lives at a time when we were broken hearted. You helped to mend my broken heart, I'm so so sorry I couldn't mend yours.
Run wild and free at the bridge Zoomie D Man, chase bunnies & cause havoc like all good doberboys should do. You can breathe easy now Bubba, you fought a good fight but now it's time to rest.
Sleep gently my precious doberboy.
Love & miss you forever.

Mr Goofy ears

In his favourite chair

silly tongue shot

My green eyed monster (modeling his holter monitor)

RIP sweet boy. You were taken too soon.

·
Super Moderator
21,990 Posts
I'm so sorry. There are far too many of these threads lately. He was clearly loved and cherished.

Reactions: gazzyv and JobeyV

·
Got mutt?
13,839 Posts
I'm sorry. It's tough to let them go, but when they are ready, it's the best thing for them, even if it's hard for you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
My heart sank when I saw this :( I'm so, so sorry. Breath easy and run swift, handsome Homer.

Big hugs to you ♥

Reactions: gazzyv and JobeyV

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute, RIP sweet Homer.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,617 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your handsome boy. May your wonderful memories of Homer bring you some comfort during this difficult time.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
So sorry to hear of yet another sweet dogie taken way to soon. Run free and hope you have too many rabbit holes to count. Sounds like he was loved very much.

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks very much for all your kind words, it means alot. Even though we knew it was coming it was still a shock. Just one week ago he had been quite stable & comfortable. We knew we were never going to win this battle but he is at peace now & that is all that matters.

A few more pics of my brave boy

He liked to sniff the flowers

Killing his favourite toy

His favourite place to be to wait for the neighbour's cat :D

Enjoying the sun

I miss you sweet boy

1 - 20 of 31 Posts