Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have two dobermans one 2years old the other a little over nine months and now my home owners insurance has added dobes to the list of vicious dogs *eye roll* I have a loan so I have to have insurance anyone know of a carrier that hasn't banned them I've tried travelers Gieco Progressive and a few others. It is frustrating that my neighbors ankle biter has sent three people to the hospital for snitches but the doberman that my two year old pulls around the house by her tongue is a vicious dog.... Anyone got any ideas I'm out of them and I WILL NOT give up my dogs.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Hello I have two dobermans one 2years old the other a little over nine months and now my home owners insurance has added dobes to the list of vicious dogs *eye roll* I have a loan so I have to have insurance anyone know of a carrier that hasn't banned them I've tried travelers Gieco Progressive and a few others. It is frustrating that my neighbors ankle biter has sent three people to the hospital for snitches but the doberman that my two year old pulls around the house by her tongue is a vicious dog.... Anyone got any ideas I'm out of them and I WILL NOT give up my dogs.
All State covers all dogs, they go by bite history rather than breed

Reactions: SonoPixie

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
State farm too I believe. We had esurance before and liked them, and I don't think they ever asked what dog breeds we owned when we signed up for homeowners insurance. But you do need their car insurance to have homeowners with them.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
yea it will depend on what state you live in, if you look in the search on this website a few threads will come up about this topic.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Erie or Farmers Insurance don't restrict based on breed.

Reactions: Cathy43

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I have Snake Farm. No problems in this department...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Met life... they are not on the list,, Rottie, pits, Chows and Dingos are

·
Registered
589 Posts
have run into the same problem here. switching to farmers in the spring, and until then she is not allowed to visit with any insurance in spectors

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
IMO - all is. companies suck.. sorry but they really dont cover much...

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
All State covers all dogs, they go by bite history rather than breed
Seems like somebody posted on here last month about Allstate dropping them for having a Doberman. They didn't mention the dog having a bite history, but could be. But, if OP has a different dog with a bite history, Allstate wouldn't work out anyway. 3 people sent to the hospital, wow. I'd, uh, perhaps look into some training.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
We have Citizens Ins for our homeowners, and no issues here with the breed, I believe they asked if we had dogs, but never questioned what breed we had. If Im not mistaken any insurance company will ask if you have a dog, simply because of the risk of a bite, but only select companies will discriminate due to breeds. (And in my opinion that is just as bad as telling someone they will not cover a person because of their ethnic background. They are still discriminating against you and it is not fair at all. People need to wake up and realize that it is NOT the damn breed that is causing problems, it is the people that own them. I could go into one of my rants but I wont because its not the purpose of the thread, and I am glad I have an insurance company that does not discriminate.)

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
I have a great deal of respect for Farmers and they have really treated me and my neighbors dog wonderfully when we needed them. No breed restriction and they paid a huge vet bill after our tree fell on our neighbors dog without batting an eye, even called to check up on him often and willfully worked out so we did not have a deductible (their own doing).

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Forgot to add, I have New York Central Mutual, which charges $30 a year extra for having a vicious killer breed. Not sure where the OP hails from.

I have a great deal of respect for Farmers and they have really treated me and my neighbors dog wonderfully when we needed them. No breed restriction and they paid a huge vet bill after our tree fell on our neighbors dog without batting an eye, even called to check up on him often and willfully worked out so we did not have a deductible (their own doing).
Tree fell on a dog?! Holy smokes. Good for Farmer's, though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts