Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Home made Schutzhund equipment

12K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  adhahn 
#1 ·
Schutzhund equipment doesn't have to be expensive. Here is some stuff I built, mostly from scraps. The most expensive items were tarps for the blinds.

Jump

A-Frame

Blinds

Dumbbell

See less See more
#6 ·
Very cool! Nice work. I've been building my own agility equipment for my backyard too (and for my dining room too I guess since a set of 2x2 weaves is in there...and some contact boards LOL). It's so nice to have it at home and for a much smaller expense than buying it from a supplier.

Erynn took the words right out of my mouth - your boy's head is stunning! Very nice crop too. He looks great.

#7 ·
If Remy could read he would be blushing from all the compliments! Thanks!

By frames, I'm guessing you mean the poles? The poles for the blinds are 1/2" electrical conduit. 3/4 would be better, but these are cheap, light duty blinds that don't get much abuse.

To build the blinds I took 8'x10' tarps, cut them diagonally, then sewed the halves together with an overlap that formed a pocket for the middle pole. The outside edges were sewn to make pole pockets. I joined the poles at the top by drilling holes in the conduit and threading a piece of heavy wire through all three poles. I'll post a picture of that for you. It may take a day (or two,lol) though.

#8 ·
adhahn & Remy...great thread on what one can do on the cheap & still have quality & fun equipment...with a little work, scrounging &/or recycling.

I have a 10 ft long heavy plastic tube that is like a foot in inside diameter...came out a dumpster for free.
When my next pup comes, this water line will be layed out on our back yard...and the tunnel will be incorporated into daily fun play.
Mini. ramps will also be made out of the house reno plywood waste cutoffs...I am now collecting, on the retirement home project underway now.

#10 ·
Beaumont67- sounds like fun for a puppy! Too bad Amy won't fit, lol!

Sinister- Here is a pic of where the poles join together at the top. Very simple and crude. I'm sure there are nicer ways to join them, but this works.

Here are some sketches of how to cut and sew the tarp. Hopefully you can read the writing, but if not I'm sure you can figure out just from the pic how to cut and sew the tarp.
Disclaimer- This is not an original idea of my own, I got the idea online somewhere at one time or other. If I could remember where I read it then I would give proper credit to them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.