Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Got mutt?
13,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I was out walking all three dogs this morning (son is in summer session, yay!), and had some guy admire Leontine, the GSD puppy. I told him she had been dumped at the washateria up the street. He said if I didn't want to keep her, he'd like her. I told him I was already working with a rescue group to place her, but I'd keep him in mind (words to that affect, anyway).

We chatted for a couple of minutes, told him Ilka was my competetive obedience dog, and if I kept Leontine, she would be too. Then, I said that I really want a Doberman, but meanwhile, I had Leontine, instead. His response? "Dobermans are dangerous." Ummm, you want a GSD, but Dobes are dangerous? :confused: :roflmao:

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
You get that all the time.

:rolleyesww:

I was on a walk the other day on a trail I normally don't take. Now, I will admit I walk off leash on them. but Juno has a 95% recall (I may have to scream at her if she doesn't come back the first time I call) - and we almost never see people. If we do I grab her/leash her/whatever. Well we ran into this guy who I've seen around with his pit bull. I wasn't paying too much attention.. looked up.. BAM the dude is there. He looked at me and ask "Does this thing bite? It looks mean as ****."

I was like.. Yes.. I take my vicious doberman out in the public and turn her loose.
:rolleyesww:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
My roomie has a GSD and she thinks dobes are aggressive. I give her crap about it all the time.
She also said she doesnt trust pitbulls and I said, well you live with one now!! lol

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Yeah, I get it this sort of bull all the time. How my dog is dangerous, blah, blah, blah, as their little rat on a rope, thing on a string is trying to chew my ankles, or worse trying to eat my Dobe who is sitting next to me with a look on his face of WT_!

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
yup...nothing so dangerous as a chihuahua latched onto an achillies tendon! I still have mental scars! :D (only real bite I've ever sustained too!)

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,256 Posts
"Does this thing bite? It looks mean as ****."
Sheesh......Anyone who calls a dog a "THING" is beyond help. But you knew that already.

It's the folks who love all over your dog and then shrink away in panic when you tell them it is a doberman that get me. I can almost see mislabeling a whole breed, if you haven't been around one before, but to deny the evidence of friendliness right in front of your eyes in favor of some cliche'd legend about viciousness???

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It's the folks who love all over your dog and then shrink away in panic when you tell them it is a doberman that get me. I can almost see mislabeling a whole breed, if you haven't been around one before, but to deny the evidence of friendliness right in front of your eyes in favor of some cliche'd legend about viciousness???
Ex's relative did this exact thing at Thanksgiving last year. All over Bronson, loving on him. Asks what he is, I say pit mix and she gets a look of horror on her face, and grabs her child out of his reach :rolleyesww:

·
Got mutt?
13,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup...nothing so dangerous as a chihuahua latched onto an achillies tendon! I still have mental scars! :D (only real bite I've ever sustained too!)
Ha, ha, I told him that nothing was more dangerous than a spoiled Chihuahua!

·
Got mutt?
13,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But GSDs are fluffy! A fluffy dog can't be mean! Duh!
Hmm. So that Rough Chow Chow that tried to eat my hand, and left a keloid scar in the process, when I was giving him a bath was just being friendly? Silly me. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
I was only bitten once and that was on my nose when at a dog class this women was holding her little 2-3lb Chihuahua and it lunged at me and took a chuck of my nose. Everyone who saw me thought it was my doberman who did that to me. Nope I told them it was a 3lb Chihuahua

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Hey at least that's a little dog! My first (and only) dog bite was from a designer mutt that starts with "sp" and ends with "oodle".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts