Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have, hot in my little hands, Audrey and Alfred's first holter results. They are getting echo'ed on Sunday and vet will review results then, but in the interim, what do I look for on these results?

I simply cannot wait until Sunday when I have them in hand. The only number I knew to pull was PVCs - 0 for Alfred and 3 for Audrey. Are there any other easy numbers?

Man, I love having access to this forum for these kind of "MUST KNOW NOW" questions :roflmao: You would think I could wait until Sunday ...

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
I think you want to look at the pairs too. Miss seeing you on here!

SAM was monitored for a total of 22:39 hours. The total time analyzed was 20:45 hours. Start time was 11:00AM1. There were a total of 79488 beats.

The Mean Heart Rate was 78.
The Maximum Heart Rate was 220 at 6:25:48PM1.

The Minimum Heart Rate was 50 at 4:52:29PM1

Ventricular Ectopy
Total: 0
Single: 0
Pairs: 0

Total Runs: 0

Supraventricular Ectopy
Total: 0
Single: 0
Pairs:
Total Runs: 0 0

VPB SUMMARY: 0 singles, 0 pairs, 0 runs

·
Sashagirl
119 Posts
So I have, hot in my little hands, Audrey and Alfred's first holter results. They are getting echo'ed on Sunday and vet will review results then, but in the interim, what do I look for on these results?

I simply cannot wait until Sunday when I have them in hand. The only number I knew to pull was PVCs - 0 for Alfred and 3 for Audrey. Are there any other easy numbers?

Man, I love having access to this forum for these kind of "MUST KNOW NOW" questions :roflmao: You would think I could wait until Sunday ...
Are you going down to Beaverton for the Mt Hood Doberman Pinscher Club health Clinic?

I am not sure what numbers they actually provide you on your Holter results; Sasha has her vest on now and will get her results tomorrow. As Far as PVC's go, 0 is good! In humans PVC (premature ventricular contraction) is basically when the ventricles (lower chamber of heart) initiates the heart to beat rather than the SA node the heart's electrical system. PVC's are more of a sign and symptom (indicator) for heart disease such as DCM. And just because someone has an arrhythmia such as 3 PVC's doesn't exactly mean they are symptomatic of heart disease. I am only assuming heart disease in dogs is like humans.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you want to look at the pairs too. Miss seeing you on here!
Hi!! I miss the forum too. I'll be getting active again soon, I've been changing jobs and going through life stuff that limited my internet time :p - but, I rented a nice lens a couple weekends ago and have some awesome A-Team in nature shots to share. If you get DD or DPM though, you may have seen Alf in the spring issues ... lol. And of course, I'm already plotting for DT SS this year. I feel so much more prepared than last year!

Anyway - that was an aside. Thanks for the advice. Alfred's numbers were straight 0, no ventricular or supraventricular pairs. He is just shy of 2, though, so this is more of a baseline for him and because I am testing him from here to eternity because he is a breeding animal. He is also Meurs negative and I'm not aware of any significant family history of DCM, so in general - I'm less concerned about him.

Audrey also had zero pairs, and the 3 single PVCs were ventricular. I actually echo'ed her earlier this year because I got worried when she came back positive for the Meurs gene, combined with the family history of DCM, and her heart showed very few changes from the baseline echo of her 2-year-old heart so I'm not too worried for the echo on Sunday. She is turning 6 this year, so I will be keeping a very close eye on her from here on out, even though she isn't a breeding animal.

Are you going down to Beaverton for the Mt Hood Doberman Pinscher Club health Clinic?

I am not sure what numbers they actually provide you on your Holter results; Sasha has her vest on now and will get her results tomorrow. As Far as PVC's go, 0 is good! In humans PVC (premature ventricular contraction) is basically when the ventricles (lower chamber of heart) initiates the heart to beat rather than the SA node the heart's electrical system. PVC's are more of a sign and symptom (indicator) for heart disease such as DCM. And just because someone has an arrhythmia such as 3 PVC's doesn't exactly mean they are symptomatic of heart disease. I am only assuming heart disease in dogs is like humans.
Yep, that is the clinic we're doing! Are you?

Thanks for the information, that is very good to know. I read somewhere on the 'net that 50 PVCs or above in a 24-hour period is considered occult DCM, so I'm not freaking out at the 3 ... yet.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Yes, we need A-Team pics :nicejob: I get DPM and saw his fabulous spread! He's amazing. His siblings are doing good too, in the ring.

Their holter results look good!

Hi!! I miss the forum too. I'll be getting active again soon, I've been changing jobs and going through life stuff that limited my internet time :p - but, I rented a nice lens a couple weekends ago and have some awesome A-Team in nature shots to share. If you get DD or DPM though, you may have seen Alf in the spring issues ... lol. And of course, I'm already plotting for DT SS this year. I feel so much more prepared than last year!

Anyway - that was an aside. Thanks for the advice. Alfred's numbers were straight 0, no ventricular or supraventricular pairs. He is just shy of 2, though, so this is more of a baseline for him and because I am testing him from here to eternity because he is a breeding animal. He is also Meurs negative and I'm not aware of any significant family history of DCM, so in general - I'm less concerned about him.

Audrey also had zero pairs, and the 3 single PVCs were ventricular. I actually echo'ed her earlier this year because I got worried when she came back positive for the Meurs gene, combined with the family history of DCM, and her heart showed very few changes from the baseline echo of her 2-year-old heart so I'm not too worried for the echo on Sunday. She is turning 6 this year, so I will be keeping a very close eye on her from here on out, even though she isn't a breeding animal.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, we need A-Team pics :nicejob: I get DPM and saw his fabulous spread! He's amazing. His siblings are doing good too, in the ring.

Their holter results look good!
Awesome to hear, thanks!

Yes, the littermates are!! Nikita finished in January, Bo just picked up another WD last weekend and is 3 singles out, Velvet has her 2 majors, Cabby got her first points last weekend, and Daphne has at least a point or two as well. With Alfred that's 6 out of the 9 total (3 are in clear pet homes - 2 were males w/ one testicle). We're all thrilled :) I love all of the puppy owners, too, so it's just a really good scene all around.

·
Sashagirl
119 Posts

Yep, that is the clinic we're doing! Are you?

Thanks for the information, that is very good to know. I read somewhere on the 'net that 50 PVCs or above in a 24-hour period is considered occult DCM, so I'm not freaking out at the 3 ... yet.
Yeah Sasha and I couldn't pass on the opportunity so we purchased a new Holter and will be making the drive down. I have been a little worried ever since Sasha turned three and due to my background as a ICU nurse and paramedic in the army I get really paranoid about her heart and health

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Just wondering about you and the gang yesterday. Glad to see your post!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts