Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
memories
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Holly passed away last week. She was 12 ¾ years old. She began limping, more than the usual arthritis - this was a real limp. The x-rays at the vet showed a fracture of the small bone in her foreleg that had been weakened by cancer. I took her home for the weekend and we showered her with love, cheeseburgers & ice cream cones. On Monday she was euthanized. She was calm and accepting, and enjoyed the sun on her face and the wheat colored reeds blowing in the field next to us. I held my tears until she was gone, and of that, I am proud.

Holly was just 10 months old when we adopted her from Illinois Doberman Rescue, and a beautiful, honest and loving girl, who adored children. She was found on Christmas day wandering in the snow. I have always been amazed that nobody ever claimed her.

She was a good, good girl, who always tried her hardest to be a friend to both people and dogs. We all miss her dearly, especially Sora.

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Oh Stone Hill, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I always loved you and both of your girls. Holly had an AMAZING life with you and couldn't have gotten any luckier the day that you adopted her. Rest in Peace Holly and Run Free at the Bridge.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
RIP sweet Holly

Thank you so much for giving Holly the best forever home and such a long happy life.

·
memories
1,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RIP sweet Holly

Thank you so much for giving Holly the best forever home and such a long happy life.
Thanks for your kind words, it’s always hard losing a dog, but somehow it’s a little easier to accept when they’ve lived full and happy lives.

I thank IDR for helping Holly to come into our lives. We were the lucky ones.

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,597 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Holly.

Reactions: Stone Hill

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Holly just plain looks like a loving sweetheart. There's something about the gray hairs on her muzzle that lets me know what a dear she was. 12 1/2 years is a long time but not nearly long enough when it's someone like Holly. Bless you. RIP Holly.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I am sorry for your loss!

RIP Holly

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Sounds like she had a wonderful life and was well taken care of.

RIP Holly.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
I wish all the rainbow bridge was filled with dobes who got to live such a full and loving life as Holly...don't get me wrong...I don't wish goodbyes on anyone! It's just so much nicer to see they've lived a full span of years without pain or suffering...and there's just been so many going way too soon lately, that Holly's memorial is one of joy, love and living a long life is so uplifting. Thank you so, so much for giving her such a wonderful home and so much love. Though there is the sadness of loss...she also spreads comfort and peace that some stories do have happy endings.
Rest in peace distinguished lady. :heartforyou:

my sincere condolences to you and your family.

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
It's an amazing thing that you loved her for almost 13 years.
Some beings never ever know that their whole life.
It's a blessing.
I know it's hard at the end. I said goodbye to my boy Strider a few weeks ago.
I do take comfort knowing that he lived all of his almost 7 years loved everyday. And that I did everything that could be done for him until his last breath. Just like you.

Hugs.
Sue and Lily.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'm glad you had so many years with your beautiful, sweet Holly. Even such a long life seems like she was taken far too soon for a heart to accept. My condolences to your family.

·
joie de vivre
11,252 Posts
I'm very sorry for your loss. I love the pics you shared of her - happy girl. :) She was a beautiful girl and you were both fortunate to have each other.

You're family is in my thoughts.

RIP Holly

1 - 20 of 46 Posts