Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, my names Kyle, just droppin in to say hey. I've been interested in dobermans ever since I met my first one a few years back. I'm to the point where I have the space, time, and finances to give a doberman a good home, so I have been doing some research. Every time I have a question about dobermans, this site has an answer, so I decided to join and get a little closer to the action :). My family has adopted dogs before and we've grown them up from puppies, so I'm open to both ideas. This will be the first dog that is really "mine" as I have my own place now, and I am really excited to find a new buddy. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for breeders in Texas, especially the Houston area.This site has already confirmed by bad suspicions about a breeder in my area(angel dobermans) in Navasota.I have been reading some good things about Merrimac Dobermans, does anyone have an opinion on this particular breeder? Just really looking for some reputable breeders, that was just a name I had heard before. Anyways, howdy and hope to hear back from everybody :)

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
My male is from Alisa Brotherhood and Lisa Leuders in Magnolia(far north houston), His brother and sister are pointed in conformation and are currently doing agility. Sire and Dam are both AKC champions and are doing well! They are listed on the DPCH breeder referral list, that is how I found them.

A few people on here have Merrimac dobes and are happy with them. Rhapsody is another great breeder, they are in the Austin area.

Welcome to DT!

Attachments

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
My puppy is from Alisa Brotherhood , too, and I have been extremely happy with both the puppy and the breeder.

·
It's a Dog's Life!
66 Posts
YES!! Glad you are looking into Merrimac Dobermans, Nikki McClendon is a wealth of information and has been breeding and showing for many many years. She is very easy to speak too and will answer any questions you may have. If she doesn't have any puppies she will refer you to another reputable breeder. Alisa Brotherhood is ALSO another good breeder. Good Luck!

·
Take my Dobe, please!
2,566 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum from the Alamo City!

I can recommend Merrimac (Merrimac Dobermans), but she doesn't breed often and recently had a litter. But feel free to contact her in case there are any unsold or returned pups.

There is an active Dobe rescue group in the College Station area. If they don't have what you want, other groups may have it. There are many good Dobes available for adoption in Texas whose only defect is that the picked the wrong owners. That is, their people turned out to be less committed to the Dobes than the Dobes were to their people.

Dobe Rescue has blacks, reds, blues, fawns, albinos, baby pups, older pups, young adults, mature dogs, seniors, cropped, natural ears, docked, natural tails, trained, untrained, good with other dogs, good with cats, good with kids, protective, friendly, active, couch potatoes, pretty much any kind of Dobe you might be looking for.

PM me for info on the many good Dobes available for adoption in Texas.

Best wishes for a successful DoberSearch!:wavey:

·
Registered
16,038 Posts
Welcome to DT.

Here is a good place to look. Please remember that just because a breeder is listed doesn't guarantee they are a good breeder. Please thoroughly check them out before settling on anyone.

DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have actually been looking at some local rescues! Seems like a great way to get breed experience AND give a dog that deserves a good life a home. I have been scanning the DPCA list and checking out some TX breeders, and I have found some that really draw me, but like I said, I am also interested in rescue, so I guess we will have to see what happens! And Kenya, I am actually from San Antonio! Well, Schertz, to be exact. I am just going to Texas A&M, haha.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
That's awesome! I volunteer with a dobe rescue in houston, our website is adapterescue.org
If you're interesting in fostering to see how it's like living with a Doberman let me or Kenya know, between the both of us we could find you a nice match.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha the more I read and hear about rhapsody the more interested I am in one of her pups as well! But we will see what happens. I took a look at the adoption sites in texas, and there are some great looking dogs looking for home out there. So, I guess when the right chance comes along, Ill know! :)

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

Good luck with your research and search for the just the right Doberman!

awesome that you are also checking out Rescue Doberman! Thank you!

Hugz to you and yours!

·
Registered
60 Posts
That's awesome! I volunteer with a dobe rescue in houston, our website is adapterescue.org
If you're interesting in fostering to see how it's like living with a Doberman let me or Kenya know, between the both of us we could find you a nice match.
Has this site changed?

·
Registered
6,615 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,286 Posts
Has this site changed?
Going to lock this thread since it's 9 years old. We discourage resurrecting really old threads. Better to start a new thread on a topic of interest to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.