Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was at the pet store trying to find Bruno another toy. There aren't many choices lol. He destroy's everything the minute he has them. He now can not have rope because he started to EAT it! So we've gotten rid of all of them. I got him a medium sized ball. But he popped a hole in one day and tore it up. So I was stumped. Then I saw a LARGE ball. One where it was small enough he could JUST get his mouth around to carrying it. But big enough he couldn't chomp down ;) So far it's working wonders hehe. He loves it.

Oh and since he has no other toys. He's finally taken a liking to his kong lol. He wanted nothing to do with that sucker when I first got it. Now he throws it around and always brings it to me so we can play ;)

Any hoodles. I took a few pictures of him with his new toy!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry about the mess in the background of the first one. We've started to clean and pack already for our big move into our house :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
It's never too early to start packing, are you getting excited? When are you supposed to be able to move in?

Let me know later if the ball makes it so I can decide if it would work with Da'Kari, she also destroys everything.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww Bruno is getting so handsome everyday! Yeah...we have tennis ball issues...even the normal sized tennis ball that you would think is a toy for every dog and any dog is never a survivor. We went with the bigger ball...I think it is that size actually...and she still pops and breaks them with a couple of squeezes lol. Now...we decided that since we leave them outside...and since we are always outside with her...she has just as much fun playing with a cracked in half ball...or a ball that is hanging together all in pieces lol. Yes the Kongs get nice when they grow up. I bet Bruno would like to play with frisbees now too...the kong frisbee is really nice and floppy, still soft on the teeth, and easy to wash off...although I wouldnt let him have it long enough at one time where he lays down to chew on it...I dont think the frisbees are a durable as the actual kong toys. OOOo and Planet Dog has this nice rubber kong like ball that is the size of the medium or large tennis balls that looks like the Earth...They are great for water play too...and have a hole in them...for maybe a treat too...

http://www.planetdog.com/dog-toys.asp

there is the link for the planet dog balls...if this one doesnt make it long lol :)
Love the pics!!!!:) but youd be suprised how fast he may adjust to the size of this ball and find a way to pop it anyways haha :)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Rommel does the same thing. He has torn up about 7 toys in the last 5 days. I think that alot of it was the stress of Scott leaving, my mom coming in town, and him not getting quite as much attention as he is used to.

They are all toys that he has had for a while, just like the squeaky bones, and balls, but he just destroyed them all in like a few days! He has been eating rope too, I had to take the rope out of one of his kongs....but anyway...I Feel your pain! :p

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DaKari said:
It's never too early to start packing, are you getting excited? When are you supposed to be able to move in?

Let me know later if the ball makes it so I can decide if it would work with Da'Kari, she also destroys everything.
We move July 14th. Can't wait. Our very first home. Our OWN! haha. So excited. I've already got half the place packed lmao.

I'll let ya know. So far it's day 3 and we're still good :D That's a bonus for us LOL. If it last, it will be the best 9.99$ I've ever spent LOL

LapDog. Thanks so much. I'm gonna have to make a trip out to Pet Smart and see if I can find something like this. I did think about getting the frisbee for him. But wondered if he'd destroy it right away LOL. I've been looking for a good one. So maybe I'll check out the KONG one.

I don't know if he'll manage a hole in this one. He can't quite chomp down so it's hard. He does pick it up tho and drop it in my lap when he wants to play LOL. He just loves it ;) But with him, you never know. I could wake up tomorrow and it's in pieces LOL But lets hope not!! :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Da'Kari had the kong frisbee that LapDog is talking about and it lasted a long time for her. Probaby at least 5 or 6 months, she loved it, but one day about 2 weeks ago I noticed it was ripped into, not sure if she and Nash were playing tug and tore it or if she did it on her own. I plan to get her another one, I figure anything that last "months" is worth getting but if it is minutes then forget it LOL. I got a different one about a week ago, the Nylabone one and she had holes in it after a few minutes so don't bother with those.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Dog toys, i get a headache thinking about them,Tia is trying to destroy all the stuff we bought for Mischa,Tia is another TDD (toy destructive dobe).

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I did think about getting the frisbee for him. But wondered if he'd destroy it right away LOL
It is possible for the Kong frisbee to be destroyed...but only if it is not taken away after play time and the dog lays down to chew on it or have the wrong motives lol. Were always outside with duchess playing frisbee....so we just let it sit in the yard. Instead of putting it where she cant get it in the house.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Ya know brum, I read that last part and I'm looking at Tia's face and I just gotta say that it appears from the "innocent" look in her eyes that you may just be telling a big untruth on that precious girl, she is probably trying to save those toys from Mischa and now you think she is doing it herself, no no no, you can't blame that sweet girl, it's time to make a trip and save her!!!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
LOL, nice. King had one for about 15 min. My little bugger LOVES to chew. Now i just buy soccer balls and that usually take him about a month to go through because he'd rather play fetch than chew it apart. I did buy a ball that size that was made of thick rubber, but im not sure what happened to it. i can't seem to find it. It may have fell out of the car when someone got out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts