Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday, at Old Bethpage, my baby, Hero, finally got a purple ribbon. He got winner's dog. I was tired of collecting blues, and wanted some other higher colors. And my boy did it!!!!! I was fit to be tied. The only thing better, besides winning the breed, would have been if I had been on the end of the lead. Well, that is coming. I know the first and only time I had shown him, he had won his first blue.

I wanted to have his win picture taken, however, it was so hot and in the sun, we couldn't get him to keep his mouth closed. So there won't be any winner's picture this time.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you all for your support. I guess because I am new to the sport, I think Hero's first win had me more elated. I had shown him in York, PA last year in march and he was still a puppy then and then I looked in the ring to see a famous handler of whom I was in awe and figured I was going to lose. So I mentally said to myself and my dog, "We will probably lose, but we are going to have fun." Right after I said that, I felt the nervousness leave me. I remember concentrating so much on keeping Hero alert and animated I didn't notice the judge beckoning me with the blue ribbon until I heard my friend whoop out loud. I was on such a natural high for three days.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
How exciting! Congrats on that purple ribbon. May there be MANY MANY more to come.

Reactions: Sorceress_Mage

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Congratulations! Too bad about the photo...I didn't get one of Jordan's first win either, but I'm sure there will be many, many more! :)

Jan

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Belated Congratulations to you and Hero!!!!

my mentor used to tell me over and over again.........when in the ring, imagine/picture the judge pointing to you for winners.........NEVER think you are not going to win!

Good luck at your next shows!

have fun!

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I'm sorry to be so late to congratulate you and Hero on the win. Just now noticed youq thread. Whooopee, congratulations on Hero's win!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts