Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went hiking on saturday on the Bruce Trail (a trail that goes from Niagara Falls to Tobermory in Ontario). The part we hiked is along Georgian Bay a couple hundred feet above the lake along the cliffs.
Forgot the camera so took a couple shots with the cell phone...not the greatest but almost gives you an idea of what it was like. Abby was very brave on the cliff edges.

Windy day up there!

Then afterward when we got back we had a sleepy puppy

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Man everyone has these beautiful sites to go to with their dogs...I don't have much here...:( Looks like a great day out with what matters most...Your dobe ;)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I'll bet you can find a place to run Duchess, LapDog.

You might try asking the guy at the sporting goods store where people go to hunt or fish. Go to the Bike shop and find out where the mountain bikers ride. If you have a hiking/outdoors shop, like R.E.I., in town you're all set. If you buy something, like a map, you're a customer. Find out where the rock climbers go, most climbing areas are good places to visit.

We can't all live in Yosemite, or Niagra Falls. You should have seen the place I took my guys yesterday. We walked past 3 or 4 trash piles, but the dogs didn't mind. They thought they were in heaven.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wow, it's a shame we don't live close coz we could go hiking together!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Those pictures are so cute. I also love the last one. She looked so very, very tired and tuckered. There are always places to go. I don't think the dogs care what the scenery looks like. As long and they are walking and with you. Mine just love going for rides in the car period. Although, I don't think the trash piles next to you would have made a very pretty picture Chaz ;)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Now that is what you call a view, great pics and what is it with dobes and beds,Tia disappears upstairs regular and i go up to find her"nesting" in the bed.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Makes me homesick!! Our family had a cottage not far from Georgian Bay near MacTier, 1/2 hour from Parry Sound (Home of Bobby Orr! - it's only claim to fame, trust me). Lots of Crown Land on either side of our lot so cottages weren't piled on top of one another as they are in Muskoka or down at the Jersey Shore. Dad sold it a few years ago - we would have taken it over but the 13 hour drive from NJ didn't make sense. Winters are too hard on cottages and you need to be around to keep up with the constant maintenance. I've never hiked on the Bruce Trail - not a huge snake lover and they always seem to know where to find me...

If you ever get a chance check out the MacMillan Collection - the Tom Thompson oils of Georgian Bay are truly amazing!

Abby looks like she had a good day!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Pretty collars at Chez Target

Why is it that the pretty collars are always made for purse-sized dogs?? I was in Target last week and saw that they have a new line of collars from the 'Shabby Chic' line - the ladies will know what I'm talking about. The collars were faded rose-printed fabic, leashes to match. This was a nice alternative to pink, if you're not crazy about pink.

Old Navy also has a nice selection of collars and leads - preppy stripe. Sizing is a bit off - Java will be a year and the 'S' fits just fine. Can't beat the price for a novelty collar - $3.50, so I picked up a 'M' as well just in case. They carry collars for major holidays as well.

Lands' End makes a good, basic leather collar, plus guaranteed for life.

Does anyone else have a good source for collars? Something different and fun for under $35?

·
Registered
953 Posts
LapDog said:
Man everyone has these beautiful sites to go to with their dogs...I don't have much here...:( Looks like a great day out with what matters most...Your dobe ;)
we just bring Bruno to an empty lot or like the place we've been bringing him. Is an old rail road trail. They've taken out the tracks and now it's just an endless trail lol. We do have to watch for dirt bikes, 4 wheeler's and ppl just walking through. But Bruno is pretty good when the leash comes out. He'll sit and wait and get on his leash. But he LOVES it. Gives him lots of exercise. I brought him yesterday and he found a ditch of water. You'd think he found heaven (first time experiencing spring LOL). I have some pictures I'll have to post later :)

Makes me homesick!! Our family had a cottage not far from Georgian Bay near MacTier, 1/2 hour from Parry Sound (Home of Bobby Orr! - it's only claim to fame, trust me). Lots of Crown Land on either side of our lot so cottages weren't piled on top of one another as they are in Muskoka or down at the Jersey Shore.
I know exaclty where your talking about. Or rather where MacTier and Parry Sound is lol. And that Bobby Orr's Cottage is there. We use to go ice fishing up that way in the winter. ;)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
JM- I know exactly what you are talking about! I wish they carried stuff in larger sizes. Piper has lots of sweaters from Target, but she wears a Large and she is only 32lbs! So I dont think Rommel will be getting anything from there. I have gotten alot of collars from http://www.trixieandpeanut.com/collars/big.html they have tons of cute stuff!

OH, and here is a Doberman Studded Collar :) http://www.thepamperedpup.com/shopping/ea-breed-dog_collar.htm

I really like this one http://www.kristalas.com/collars/209extrawide.htm

And Tracy...here is one for you http://www.kristalas.com/collars/triplechaine_leathercollars.htm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts