Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Firstly let me introuduce myself, I'm Vikki from UK I have a 3 week old dobie called Wez who we rescued from a very bad breeder who was going to drown him. We got him at 2 hrs old and started the task of hand rearing him. This is the first pup i have had to bottle feed and it has been a worrying time. I am pleased to say that now he is nearly 4 weeks and is ready to start solids. My hubby has had dobs all his life but Wez is my first. I'm just looking to chat with other owners and hopefully get some advice about weaning Wez.
:help_up_2 lol

Vikki

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Hi, I am new to, just joined today. That is soooo young. Good for you to rescue such a sweetie in distress. Good luck !

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi Vikki my name is Tony i hand reared my first from 5 weeks old not 3,i'm no expert but we started by first trying to get her to lap, if that is a success then mix in a little weetabix to whatever you were bottle feeding increasing slowly then went to the vets and got tinned puppy food,by 8 weeks we added a little dry puppy food,the trick is to adjust slowly so not upset her digestion.By the way we are U.K.based also, in Birmingham .
The girl we hand reared turned out to be a corker,so good luck.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Welcome to the forum.....Wow, you sound like a good person for taking on a task like this. I can't help much with them being this young. Brumwolfs suggestion sounds like the way to go. Good Luck....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys, he loves weetabix tried him with some off my finger before and he did really well. It has been hard work as I have 3 kids under 4 one of which is 5 months old so as I was feeding the baby my hubby was feeding the pup hehe.

Vikki

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hello and Welcome! Bless you for rescuing the poor pup.... Grrrr to the breeder.

Lots of knowledgeable people here to offer advice I know!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Well if he's eating weetabix then your halfway there,remember to change slow so as not to give him the runs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts