Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi DT! As you can see this is my first post here. OK I admit it, I have been a lurker for a while. There is so much valuable information and great advice on this forum, to all the posters and contributing members: THANK YOU THANK YOU! I don’t know what I would do without this forum.

I knew a long time ago that I wanted a Doberman, but it was never a good time to get a dog until now that I have my own place. After a ton of research, I decided on getting my first puppy from Garshangan Kennels in Ontario. I put in a deposit to be on the waiting list back in June. After waiting for 2 litters that didn’t work out, I’m happy to say my puppy is finally born! I went last weekend to visit them, the pups were 4 weeks old and stumbling around. Officially in count-down mode now :D

I have first pick of one of these puppies (in 2 weeks)... took this video of the litter: Cute Doberman puppies - YouTube

Do you have any tips for choosing a puppy? When I was there, I couldn't decide on my favourite one.. :confused2

And of course, here's some pictures too...

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello! Congrats on your upcoming puppy! I have an almost five month old red girl who has stolen my heart. I'd follow the second poster's advice about letting the breeder choose your pup. I know when I went to pick out Huxley I had my heart set on a black girl, and ended up in love with the red!

You'll have a good time either way. Keep reading up on puppyhood!:)

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to DT! They are definitely cute. I'd also suggest telling the breeder what you specifically want in a puppy and letting them choose for you. They know these puppies and their personalities better than anybody else.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
It's always best to let the breeder pick your puppy, they know their lines and they know the litter, trust them to know the puppies better than anyone else, and they'll be able to evaluate which one will be best for your situation!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Everyone! :) I'll make sure to talk to my breeder soon so she can keep an eye out for the pup with traits I'm looking for... can't wait!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts