Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, okay just last night I found the forum list. This whole time I've been reading, I thought the only topics were the ones on the homepage. HA!
So here's my introduction: I'm Cara and I have 1 husband, 3 children, 2 cats, and one Doberman. I am a nurse.
I just got my Dobe this week. He's a red baby that is about 11 weeks old. His birthday is Oct 28. He's getting his ears done on Monday. We got him from a lady who thought she could leave him locked up inside all day every day and while she went out of town. I'm sorry he spent those two weeks with her, but I'm so glad that we got him. (Because she was trying to cut her losses and move on, we got him for a steal.)
We looked at rescued dogs (too bad I didn't see that IRD site) first, but we have small children, so I was hesitant to get an adult dog. Maximus has been AWESOME with our two kittens and our kids. We're caretakers, so the idea of a rescued dog was very appealing. We'll get one someday I'm sure. Max will need a brother or sister dog, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OH YEAH, check out my gallery to see all my babies!!
The pictures are huge, but I don't know how to fix that.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Hello! Im addicted to my Dobe too! lol Your babies are all so cute! Thats still great of you to give him a better home! You will definatly enjoy this site! lol Hey! just one question...where are ya from? Im in Illinois! Did you see the frappr site? Duchess doesnt have many neighbor dobes lol well enjoy the forums...and the arcade! you'll be addicted to not only but your dobe but dobermantalk too. lol

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Welcome! Glad you could give him a home. That would have been a terrible life for him.
My first Doberman was also a red boy named Max, but it was for Maximillian.
Enjoy your pup. Bond with him, socialize him and train him. Then you can think about adding another dog. But since you already have a male, you will want to consider a female. Male Dobermans are known for having same sex dog aggression so you don't want to risk having some major dog fights and or having to rehome one of them.
Good luck with your puppy, they are a blast!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Welcome CAra:
It doesn't take long to get addicted to Dobes - and it will only get worse - atually in this case worse is better.

cc

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi Cara. Maximus is a beautiful little red boy. I used to have a red male named Sundown, and he was a real sweetie. Now I have two black & rust females, Darmok (3 yrs old) and Sasha (2 yrs old). I certainly understand what you mean when you say you are 'addicted' to your doberman!!! My family has come to an understanding that I love my dogs, and they are a major part of my life, and it's all cool! The people that I work with know what a dobe-fanatic I am, too, and they are always asking if I have new pictures of my girls---of course I do! Every good dobie-dad carries puppy pics in his wallet, doesn't he??? Anyway. I looked at your gallery, and ALL your kids are very stunning!
Paul

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hello and welcome to Doberman Talk!!!! This is a fantastic site with great people!!! Congrats on your dobie pup!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi and welcome to doberman talk, i loved your red pup. I'm from england and am owned by a little terror called Alpha (a black/tan rescue pup).

I loved the pics, your dobie is soooooo cute (i've got a soft spot for reds)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lapdog, we live in FL, so that might be a bit far for a playdate. :)

2dobies, I understand about the pictures. I have a locker at work and all of my kids are on there, so my first night back after we got Maximus I stuck one up of him, too. I work with a few new grandmas and they all wear these buttons with the baby's picture on it. I said I was going to get one of those for my new baby.

We have our Valentine's Family picture coming up. (It is like the normal person's Christmas card, but we're a little slow so ours gets there in February.) Maximus will be on it. This is just how I was with my last dog. He was a (mutant) beagle and I tried making him a pocket dog.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I just got my first dobie about a week and a half ago. And her birthday is also Oct 28th. Dakota is black and rust. She just got her ears done on Friday. I'm like you and quickly getting addicted. This is my first dog in several years and I find myself going to the pet store alot for new toys and pee pads; agghhhhh. :) But it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
juscar8ts said:
Hello, I just wanted to let you know that I just got my first dobie about a week and a half ago. And her birthday is also Oct 28th. Dakota is black and rust. She just got her ears done on Friday. I'm like you and quickly getting addicted. This is my first dog in several years and I find myself going to the pet store alot for new toys and pee pads; agghhhhh. :) But it is worth it.
Can I ask why you are using pee pads? The reason I ask is because once they learn to pee in the house, it's hard to train them to go outside.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi Cara welcome to the forum,I too am based in England and have a three pack doberman family.
In work at the moment surrounded by pics of my gang!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the forum! I hope that you will find a wealth of Information, support and a bunch of people who are nutty about Dobermans.
I am the proud owner of 4 Dobermans myself. 2 black Females, 1 black Male and 1 blue female. Welcome and look forward to hearing more from you. Your Family is so cute!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I posted in here, I know I DID lol. Must have got lost when the server switched?? Or I'm just losing it LOL

Welcome to the GROUP! :D I know you'll love it here. The ppl are really great and supportive and FULL of information. I know being a new dobe owner I've learned something new almost daily just by visiting here :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Caraboo said:
So here's my introduction: I'm Cara and I have 1 husband, 3 children, 2 cats, and one Doberman. I am a nurse.
I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at your 1 husband. :) I am owned by 1 husband as well, 2 cats, and 1 dobe. Gracie is in my sig below. You can also see my kitties in my avatar. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts