Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any body help, you may think i am mad though!!
i have 2 dobie puppies aged 8 months (brother and sister)
they start or should i say he starts whining at 1 am i put up with it till 1.30 am then go down stairs to them and yes curl up and sleep with them sorry but i need a good nights sleep any advise yes it is probably me that has caused this but love the little ones to bits and are so cuddly:thanx:

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
can any body help, you may think i am mad though!!
i have 2 dobie puppies aged 8 months (brother and sister)
they start or should i say he starts whining at 1 am i put up with it till 1.30 am then go down stairs to them and yes curl up and sleep with them sorry but i need a good nights sleep any advise yes it is probably me that has caused this but love the little ones to bits and are so cuddly:thanx:
Welcome to the Forum.

'Rod, back, for your own,' Arrange in the correct order.

First lets get some more info.

How long have you owned the little darlings?
Are they crated?
Is it cold where they are?
Do you take them out for the toilet just before bed time?
Are they actually tired when they go to bed?
At what time do you put them to bed?
Are they sleeping up till 1am then waking?
Do they drop off as soon as you come in?
How long are they awake for?
Do you cuddle them to go to sleep?
When do you feed them? (this isn't as silly as it might sound)
Do they sleep together?

We might be able to help with advise if you can answer some if not all of these questions as forewarned is fore-armed as they say. :kiss: .

·
Alpha
8,119 Posts
wow well first of all what breeder sold you litter mates.. you have got a serious hand full there !!!

where are you in the uk ?? im in suffolk..

as for sleeping it looks like they have you wrapped around there little paws lol...

if they wake at one.. go down let them out for a wee .. no fuss no chat.. then go back up stairs and leave them.

they want you and they are getting you..

its gonna be tuff love.. but its either gonna be sleep with them for the rest of your life or go throught a week of sleepless nights and get them trained..

if when you go down the wee.. you will probably have to carry on for a bit till they can go through.. should not be long..at that age..

but like i say.. sorry waffling..

go down.. no fuss no chat.. wee.. go back to bed.. yes they will create merry helll.. but each night the fuss will get less.. till they sleep right through..

if when you go down they dont need a wee..

next night dont go down at all.. leave them to it..

after a few night of not getting what they want they will learn to settle on there own

·
Super Moderator
21,988 Posts
Reactions: dobey12

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Welcome to the forum, would love to see some pics of your pups. May I ask where they're from also? :) Your pups are the same age as my boy.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

siblings! Yikes! What silly breeder allowed that?

they tend to bond with each other...............

Good luck with them.

Hugz to the siblings!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I have 2 male Terriers from the same litter, (rescued from the owner who was about to drown them) and they are little blighters with each other, no brotherly love with these 2.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I did everything assbackwards myself. My 5 1/2 month old hated the crate so I let her sleep with me and I loved it. She and my two year old female slept with me. She was a great little bed partner but the two year old wanted to take her half down the middle. About two weeks ago I put both of them in their crates and they are fine with that. I have three crates by my bedside. They get the best chewies only at bed time in the crate. They now look forward to sleeping in their crates. At about 6ish I let them out to potty and then they all three come back and dog pile on my bed with me for another hour or so.

Now when I leave if I'm only gone for a couple of hours, they go to the crate, again with favorite chewies (bully sticks, C.E.T. Hextras (like a heavily spiced thin rawhide good for their teeth), filled kongs, etc.

I also have their crates next to my bed. Works great.

The comment about them bonding to each other is so true. My baby girl bonds with the older two and I have to remove her totally away from them, off the premise so she will listen to me. We are working on that.

Good luck.

Post some photos so we see the little terrors!

Welcome to DT.

Reactions: dobey12

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you for your reply.
they are exercised for 1 hour around 4.30pm when i finish work they have their tea, we play games with them and they start to nod off around 9 am well he does.
approx 10 pm out they go for toilet, and then we make sure they are comfy in bed he has to be covered up totally, i even leave the heating on for them to keep them warm.
1.00 am he starts with the whine and now develops into a bark, doesn't want to go out just me it seems.
never winges when i go through the door to work always when i go up the stairs?

my last gorgeous doberman who recently died never ever even ventured upstairs.
our house is too small for crates.
i guess i have caused this cos i luv them so much

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
If they are whinning find a wind up clock and put in their cage...the ticking will remind them of moms heart beat ....You have some great advice here please listen...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whining pups

thanks to you all, i really feel stupid now, only doing what i thought was best, cos really don't like hearing them.
will start tonight, so will be back tomorrow hopefully!
its funny my son doesn't hear a thing, must be the mother in me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
can i just say they don't wake for wee's at all just cuddle up to me.
i have tried the letting them out don't speak ignore them, but must admit got so tired gave in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts